Bookmark and Share
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection
(12-06-2016 03:53 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 03:45 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 03:30 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 03:22 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  I'd like to see ULL make the DG or Camellia bowl to see if they travel outside of NOLA, they don't travel well to ULL is his point.

How many App fans made the trip to Lafayette?

I've got an idea.... lets rename it the Attendance/Participation New Orleans Bowl and make its pick....ULL or APR qualifying team. I'd rather go in the 'rotating bowl pool of orphaned bowls needing to fill a slot' than have the Belt pretend that they have a tie in with the NO Bowl. We don't. 9 of our members have a backup bowl slot behind ULL. USA couldn't have gotten a worse pick. Ark State probably wouldn't have done worse either. Its BS, and the Conference should tell the NO Bowl..ULL goes somewhere else for a while unless they win the conference or you can find another bowl partner. I'm sure there are plenty of bowls who'd like first pick and who would use it fairly.

Its Conference>Bowl Committee in my book. You appear to have the reverse motivation. App should have been in that bowl.

Don't whine in 4 years when USA has an OCS, they play selfish with their new leverage over one of our better bowl destinations to your detriment and you end up in Orlando playing UCF in their stadium after having a better season.

You know, it CAN happen to you too. Don't think that this is permanent.

I am a LOT more certain that there are other Conferences salivating to get access to a bowl in New Orleans than I am that the SBC has any leverage over the Bowl..

Guess what? For every single other of your conference 'mates'....its actually better if the NO Bowl just moves on to another conference...because we'll never see that bowl. Good riddance. Lets go get a bowl that will pick the best team. I'm sure pick number 1 out of the Sun Belt will get some attention. And if it doesn't. We're still probably bowling anyway. And I'd rather take my chances on the pool than have the second place team be rewarded with an away game at another school because our bowl lineup is setup to reward participation rather than results.

Lets have a vote on keeping the NO Bowl tie in. I see no reason for anyone other than ULL to vote to keep it. The St Petersburg Bowl would be much better....because we could all play in it.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 03:59 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
12-06-2016 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection - Tom in Lazybrook - 12-06-2016 03:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.