Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This Conference is Making a Mistake
Bookmark and Share
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
RE: This Conference is Making a Mistake
(12-06-2016 02:53 AM)airtroop Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 05:54 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  I hate that Idaho is leaving. The fans have historically been entertaining, fun, cordial, and not a-holes. I really hope you guys blow out the bowl game, continue the momentum next season, and end with a 1 loss record (that loss being to Texas State of course), with a bigger bowl next year.

Having said that, I'd say that Idaho is the one that made the mistake. It is Idaho's AD who has been flirting with the Big Sky commish, it is Idaho's team that has been historically bad.

Simply put, you guys weren't worth it on a potential short term deal... You don't travel well (and I don't even hate on you for it), you weren't competitive for the better part of 2 decades, and fans/alumni weren't excited to play you. If you had the past 5 years of playing like you did this season, and had an AD that wanted to stay in FBS, then... well, I like to think that this wouldn't even be a talking point.

I'm fairly sure at the highest levels, the staffs of all Belt schools knew the president had every intention of dropping to FCS. There are very few secrets at that level. And if there were any hold-outs, the PPT presentation proved beyond a doubt Idaho was not serious about remaining in the FBS. Who wants a school with that sort of leadership, focused on dropping down, to be renewed as an "associate member"? I can't think of one athletic department who would.

Well, ours might .. . Not sure that our AD could be accused of being too Bright .. .
He damn sure will never be accused of building a winner or installing a winning culture.
Yeah, it may Suck to be Idaho, but it also Sucks to be us.
12-06-2016 08:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Conference is Making a Mistake - Bobcat87 - 12-06-2016 08:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.