Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Here are the 2 choices-- how would you vote?
Bookmark and Share
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: Here are the 2 choices-- how would you vote?
(03-27-2014 10:58 AM)FloridaJag Wrote:  
(03-27-2014 10:52 AM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(03-27-2014 10:30 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(03-27-2014 09:29 AM)FloridaJag Wrote:  
(03-27-2014 09:27 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  If they left the conference, there's no guarantee people wouldn't hang around that are no longer in the conference......

From my perspective, I think Ark State and ULL are the glue/cement that is keeping the conference together. Actually, I think they drive the bus right now.

Don't discredit what USA means to AState and Louisiana. Jags leadership has historically been even keeled maybe a touch conservative, easy I-10 trip for the Cajuns, sit in a high value recruiting area for AState, well regarded by the community that hosts a bowl that AState has grown rather fond of as well.

There have been a number of assertions made by posters that may not be accurate at this time. I’m not sure UL, ASU and Texas State will not vote for another eastern program if some compromise is met.

1) I do believe UL, ASU and Texas State would like to see NMSU become a full member. Their basketball and baseball programs will add great value to this conference with Western Kentucky’s departure until the Aggies football program comes around.

2) I also think it’s established that UL, ASU and Texas State will not vote for any Southland Conference program period. So if not Missouri State or NMSU as a full member, I see no other options but to add another eastern program.

3) With some type of compromise in that manner, I could see a possible compromise being struck with UL, ASU and Texas State. At this point with the announcement forthcoming, some type of compromise has been reached.

Don't forget the possibilty of adding UTA football. It is Texas by the way and I do beleive they are the only state school without football.

IF UTA wanted football and announced later today, they would likely sign a class in Feb 2015 and not play a game until September of 15 and even then would likely play a "club" schedule.

They could play a I-AA slate in 2016 and 2017 and start play as a second year transitional in 2018. If they followed the USA model, they'd play an added club year and not appear on the Sun Belt slate until 2019 and be a full member 2020.

That's fast tracking if they know NOW. With the hoops schools have to jump through with students, faculty, and the governing board, 2022 would probably be more realistic.
03-27-2014 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here are the 2 choices-- how would you vote? - arkstfan - 03-27-2014 11:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.