Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt Conference votes to expand
Bookmark and Share
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
RE: Sun Belt Conference votes to expand
(03-25-2014 07:33 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  
(03-25-2014 04:03 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  Can't see how anyone would object to a plan to get JMU and NMSU all sports and MSU in 2015. I'm not an SBC president... But this plan has something good for everyone in my opinion.

From the Little Rock perspective, we would love it. NM's basketball history is even better than WKUs. Only negative is that we would be back to spreading across most of the continent.

NMST would be a great add to the basketball in the SBC and while their history is impressive I think you are off a little bit on that statement.

Western ranks higher in 20 win seasons, conference championships, total wins, average winning%, NCAA bids, and NCAA tourney winning%

WKU 93 Years, 1692-855, .664 W-L%
NMST 104 Years, 1407-1034, .576 W-L%

WKU NCAA Tournament: 23 Years (19-24), 1 Final Four, 0 Championships
NMST NCAA Tournament: 21 Years (10-23), 1 Final Four, 0 Championships

WKU Conference Champion: 28 Times (Reg. Seas.), 19 Times (Tourn.)
NMST Conference Champion: 15 Times (Reg. Seas.), 8 Times (Tourn.)

WKU Ranked in AP Poll: 4 Times (Preseason), 11 Times (Final), 111 Weeks (Total)
NMST Ranked in AP Poll: 2 Times (Preseason), 5 Times (Final), 64 Weeks (Total)

WKU 7 NCAA wins since NMST last won 1

If we are only going by the last 2 to 4 years I could see that but I think you know that was a historical down period for Western that has since been corrected. But like I said NMST and their history would be a great add to the SBC for basketball. As a matter of fact the SBC couldn't get a better add.
03-26-2014 02:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sun Belt Conference votes to expand - WKUYG - 03-26-2014 02:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.