Sun Belt Conference votes to expand
Bookmark and Share
ARSTATEFAN1986 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Sun Belt Conference votes to expand
(03-24-2014 09:06 AM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  
(03-24-2014 08:29 AM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(03-24-2014 12:34 AM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  You guys take basketball seriously. You don't take football seriously. Your head football coach makes $108,000, has one year remaining on his deal and they didn't fire him last year because they would have to pay him.

We kept Davalos around an extra year because if we fired him, we'd have to pay him.

I think you are believing Texas State is so much further along than we really are.

We are not a basketball school. Davalos made $120,000. We did fire Brad Wright with two years left on his contract.

This is not about Texas State since we are already FBS. Schools that want to move up to FBS usually do an FBS feasibility study, are upgrading their football facility if required and raising money to prepare for the expense and possibly asking students to pay additional money for FBS football.

We did that and we have a $26 million athletic budget and a 30,000 seat stadium. We still have a lot of work to do.

Missouri State is not prepared. The biggest issue in moving up is the money. Moving up to FBS football is a cash drain. I think JMU has everything in place and I see Missouri State as a board dream, but not a reality.

You are in a minority.

Missouri State also would be the second FBS program from Missouri and the excitement moving up to their fan base would be huge.

A few years ago...what you are saying about Missouri State is what was being said about Texas State. There were many doubters that Texas State could pull this off.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2014 09:19 AM by ARSTATEFAN1986.)
03-24-2014 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sun Belt Conference votes to expand - ARSTATEFAN1986 - 03-24-2014 09:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.