Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia
RE: Sun Belt Conference votes to expand
(03-23-2014 02:55 PM)panama Wrote:  
(03-23-2014 01:02 PM)FloridaJag Wrote:  
(03-23-2014 12:45 PM)panama Wrote:  
(03-23-2014 12:35 PM)FloridaJag Wrote:  
(03-23-2014 12:32 PM)panama Wrote:  The Walking FJs

Does this mean that you renounced your membership? Please return the blazer...keep the hat.

Made sure to never join.

Seriously, with some of these schools being put up, what is even the point of being FCS

Times are always changing. The term FCS did not exist until a few years ago. IAA did not exist until 1979. Teams have been moving up ever since that time. Ga State is lucky that it only had to spend one year in FCS because it surely did get to FBS on its football history. So give the other schools some slack.
Not lucky. Study your history. I said back in 2010 that no southern big public school start up had ever spent more than 5 years getting to FBS. GSU to FBS was easy to forecast if you study Div I athletics. Look FJ, if you see North Florida and Lamar as peer universities to South Alabama I wish you all the best (I doubt your fellow alumni feel the same). But one of the main reasons for a quick ramp to FBS is that alumni could care less to play Lamar and North Florida. We sat on our duffs for 2 decades and got passed by FIU and FAU and lapped by USF and UCF. I want my President making the case of how he intends to rectify that, not how great it is to have Kennesaw or North Florida or Liberty in the same conference as us.

(03-23-2014 04:53 PM)msu_bears Wrote:  
(03-23-2014 12:10 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  
(03-23-2014 10:29 AM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  I actually wonder if at this point, Missouri State would be considered a shock.

I know they've drug their feet for years already, but it seems like in the past year, they are prepping for the move.

The only thing Missouri State is doing is a renovation on an old stadium. As their President said six months ago, "The ugliest place on campus is the student bleachers at Plaster Stadium. Having a half a high school stadium is no longer aceptable for the kind of university that we are." So they are replacing the old student bleachers, removing the track, building new restrooms and concessions. These are FCS renovations, not FBS renovations.

Missouri State has been playing money games in recent years to make up their athletic budget deficit. As their head coach stated, "We need the money." Their attendance is not good, the play on the field has been poor and their losing money. They need to fix their problems at the FCS level before they could even consider spending millions of additional dollars for a move to FBS. That is why the Missouri State President and AD never talk about moving to FBS. They need to make FCS football work first.

The making FCS work is a dumb excuse. Your school was a nobody at FCS. The team should be looked at as a start up, just like UCONN or Georgia St because FCS and FBS aren't comparable, they might as well be different sports. The area fans don't support FCS, they would support FBS bigtime.

1) Its a lot more than just a simple remodel like you are making it out to be, its turning a track stadium into a football specific stadium that is designed to be quickly expanded if needed.
2) brand new field hockey stadium under construction
3) brand new track/soccer stadium under construction
4) brand new volleyball court under construction
5) $4 million new basketball locker rooms opened this january

What's the heart burn with Missouri state.
03-23-2014 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sun Belt Conference votes to expand - RoyK - 03-23-2014 05:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.