Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(09-14-2013 01:08 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Right....the plan is confounded by beer sales and the necessity for the SEC to maintain it's pride? Instead of all this happening, we should have five major conferences instead simply because Oklahoma and Kansas would prefer the Big Ten over the SEC? Of course I state that last little bit in hypotheticals only. I have no idea for sure whom Oklahoma would choose but I do believe the SEC would be their third choice behind the PAC and Big Ten.

In terms of divisions for the ACC. The West?

Baylor
TCU
Louisville
Pitt.

There, easy enough. I'm sure Pitt and Louisville wouldn't mind that inside track on Texas recruiting and they would have their own little regional rivalry as an every year game. That wasn't that hard of a problem to solve and neither would be the selling of beer at WVU.

Come on....

Swimming and Diving, Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field, Women's Gymnastics, an up to speed Baseball facility, Women's Softball, Women's Soccer, Women's Tennis & Golf, all of these are requirements for the SEC. West Virginia has some of these, but I'm not so sure they have all of them and I'm bit tired to look it up tonight, but I will tomorrow. The beer sales are a minor, but non-negotiable item. And then there is the SEC's desire to enhance its academic profile. There are a few more problems with the plan than first perceived.

The cherries are obvious, Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. No one conference is going to get two of them or it will be stalemate. If WVU can work out its logistical issues they certainly have a shot, but not at the expense of one of the first three, only in addition to them.

As for your solution the mileage is too extreme. The closes solution would be Baylor, T.C.U., Miami (who has to fly everywhere anyway, and Florida State who is just down I10. But I doubt that is going to excite anyone.

However the three way deal I mentioned would satisfy all parties. If the SEC got into their two stated markets of desire Oklahoma and Kansas could easily move to the Big 10. The SEC and Big 10 sit at 16. Texas and whomever is in the ACC, Texas Tech in the PAC with whomever and it's done. Personally I think the ACC should shoot for Baylor, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and West Virginia as their four. All of them enhance the ACC's football chops and all of them would be mid range basketball talents in the ACC therefore not upsetting their kings. Miami would be moved with Baylor, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State to form the Western Division. WVU would be reunited with Pitt, Syracuse, and Louisville for the North. Boston College, Virginia, North Carolina, and Duke for the East. Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest for the South. Notre Dame and Texas loosely affiliated. Between the ACC and Big 10 seven schools are accounted for. The PAC takes Texas Tech and it's done.

I don't think other distribution models of the teams work out as efficiently . But if it came down to it my first set of thought processes about who we might take would still be in effect.
09-14-2013 02:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why? - JRsec - 09-14-2013 02:09 AM
SEC Expansion - vandiver49 - 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand - 10thMountain - 05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: B12 - jhawkmvp - 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
schools making profits - jhawkmvp - 11-12-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: expansion - oliveandblue - 12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
My wild guess - jhawkmvp - 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 09-19-2015, 01:41 AM
RE - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: ? - Transic_nyc - 10-22-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 12-18-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 01-27-2021, 12:58 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 03-07-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 03-09-2021, 06:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.