Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(08-12-2013 10:08 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 08:32 AM)JRsec Wrote:  I continue to think about this situation as it is the Big 12 that is most likely to yield the next round of realignment. Having considered all options here is what I am presently thinking.

1. Unless Oklahoma is one of the teams the SEC would add I don't see the need to add anyone from the Big 12. And if Oklahoma comes to the SEC then West Virginia or Kansas should be the one to come with them.

2. The best course of action in my opinion, outside of an Oklahoma addition to the SEC is to refuse to take any of the Big 12 teams forcing the ACC to take multiples if the conference is to be dissolved.

3. Should Texas need a place to move outside of the PAC the ACC seems to me to be the most likely destination, but they won't want to go alone.

4. Given ESPN's third tier interest in Kansas (a move likely designed to thwart Big 10 expansion Southward into Kansas or deeper into the Big 12 then perhaps Kansas is of interest to the ACC as well.

5. The SEC should refrain from taking Big 12 schools in exchange for a decent pod of 4 moving to the ACC. Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, and Kansas would do nicely. Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor and West Virginia would be fine as well.

6. The cost of remaining out of the ACC's way should be North Carolina State and Virginia Tech. The ACC loses no footprint and gains a Western Pod even if West Virginia is part of the 4 moving to the ACC (Miami shifts to the West).

7. A move to D4 solves two problems for the ACC. New requirements at the D4 level and its structure require ND's full membership. The new requirements also lead to Wake Forest stepping down. With only two N.Carolina schools balance is achieved in the ACC.
North: Boston College, Notre Dame, Pitt, Syracuse

East: Duke, Louisville, North Carolina, Virginia

South: Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami

West: Baylor, Kansas, Oklahoma (or Oklahoma State), Texas

8. I also don't see any future moves until after the establishment of D4. Then I believe we will see a somewhat more orderly restructuring into 4 somewhat balanced conferences.

ESPN protects the best Big 12 property and solidifies the SEC's new partnership with the ACC.

I listed an option for Oklahoma State's inclusion. A compromise position might be needed for the PAC (Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Kansas State, T.C.U./Iowa State).

No matter how this gets done the future enemy of the ACC will be the Big 10, not the SEC. I can see Swofford making a preemptive move here as the ACC did almost two decades ago with the Big East.

It is mindsets like this that will cause NOTHING to happen.

All of Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas coming to the SEC. Selfish. And impossible. Good luck!

Read it more carefully. I said if Oklahoma was not one of the schools coming over to the SEC then we would be better off not taking any of the Big 12 schools. If Texas was headed to the ACC they are going to have to make room for more than 2 in my opinion. If all moves happen after the move up to D4 then Wake may no longer be an issue for the ACC. Therefore they would have two open slots for full time teams. If the SEC refused to take Big 12 schools then the ACC to accommodate Texas and to get ND to join full time may be more open to letting duplicate footprint schools N.C. State and Virginia Tech moving to the SEC without GOR restricitions. Then there would be 4 full slots open. That allows them to take 4 schools from the Big 12 and Texas as a hybrid. The SEC gets what they have wanted without taking any more Big 12 schools. Even if the ACC took Texahoma Kansas is still free to move to the Big 10. But more likely they would go after Texas (hybrid), Baylor, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. I'm sure they would like Kansas but I doubt they would get them. Anyway I never said Texas, OU and Kansas to the SEC.
08-12-2013 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why? - JRsec - 08-12-2013 10:52 AM
SEC Expansion - vandiver49 - 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand - 10thMountain - 05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: B12 - jhawkmvp - 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
schools making profits - jhawkmvp - 11-12-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: expansion - oliveandblue - 12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
My wild guess - jhawkmvp - 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 09-19-2015, 01:41 AM
RE - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: ? - Transic_nyc - 10-22-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 12-18-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 01-27-2021, 12:58 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 03-07-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 03-09-2021, 06:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.