Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(07-12-2013 01:05 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 09:13 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 12:18 AM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  
(07-09-2013 04:29 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(07-09-2013 11:40 AM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  I do agree with your points about the PAC 12. Eventually they have to deal with the Big XII schools. They have no other options that meets their requirements. If the SEC doesn't grab a couple, the PAC 12 or B1G will. I do not believe the Sooners fit the PAC 12 liberal culture. I also believe their goal is not to play Northern schools all year, every year. The only upside is playing their old rival Nebraska again. I still believe they would be a natural fit for the SEC.

They would have their game against Nebraska. They would maintain ties to Kansas. The Head Coaches of Oklahoma and Iowa have history together as was talked about constantly for their Bowl Game.

The Admin of Oklahoma would absolutely push Oklahoma towards the Big Ten instead of the SEC. They would probably face some blowback on that from fans and some alumni but so did President Loh of Maryland. As long as Oklahoma can maintain it's key rivalries of Texas and Oklahoma State, then it would be just fine.

They most certainly would have a better chance to win or finish strongly in the Big Ten and the Big Ten will Never be cut out of the National Picture. Oklahoma could definitely take advantage of that.

Sure there might be some fan support for an SEC move instead but there is no way that the persons making the decisions would choose the SEC over the B1G, in my opinion.
Their mistake. Okie in the B1G is the true fish out of water.....

I disagree. How would Oklahoma be a fish out of water with the likes of Kansas and Nebraska? Norman isn't all that far from Texas. It will still have a huge program and will still get plenty of Texas recruits. Oklahoma will still have a strong shot at any National Tournament in the Big Ten if they have a strong season.

I understand the talk about how Nebraska in the Big Ten may hurt some of their Texas recruiting and such but there is a very considerable geographic difference between Lincoln Nebraska and Norman Oklahoma.

I know this is the SEC Board so I am trying to be as nice about it as possible but Oklahoma would be just fine in the Big Ten. They could be just fine in the SEC too but how do you think they will do in the SEC, truthfully?

It's very unlikely that OU would end up in the Big. For one the Big would never take Oklahoma State and that is a guaranteed pair for any conference interested in OU.

Recruiting would take a major hit. Texas A&M got a big recruiting boost going to the SEC. But that’s the SEC, and the Aggies are based in Texas. OU’s Texas pipeline would be crippled. No games in Texas would be tough, and yes, that means OU-Texas would be endangered; if the Longhorns cut the cord with the Aggies, you don’t think the ‘Horns would cut the cord with the Sooners?

Well recruiting would take a hit but your competition level would go down. I am not saying the top level of the Big Ten is a walk in the park but the Big 12 is a stronger conference across the board so any recruiting hit is mitigated.

Norman Oklahoma is still not that far from Texas and your facilities and your program itself will not take a hit which will still make Oklahoma a great place for football players to go to. Oklahoma would be one of the strongest programs in the Big Ten perennially. I doubt that would be the case in the SEC.

The Horns cut the cord with the Aggies because the Ags left under bad blood conditions. If this all happened, there would be mutual agreement. The RRR game in Dallas is huge for Texas. It is one of the stated reasons from Austin as to why they dont want a conference championship. They don't want to supposedly weaken the strength of the RRR game by having a possible rematch in the Championship game. I would say that is a pretty strong statement that Texas would look to save the RRR as an OOC game should the two programs separate to different conferences. Saving that game alone saves Oklahoma recruiting in the State of Texas.
07-12-2013 11:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why? - He1nousOne - 07-12-2013 11:54 PM
SEC Expansion - vandiver49 - 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand - 10thMountain - 05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: B12 - jhawkmvp - 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
schools making profits - jhawkmvp - 11-12-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: expansion - oliveandblue - 12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
My wild guess - jhawkmvp - 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 09-19-2015, 01:41 AM
RE - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: ? - Transic_nyc - 10-22-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 12-18-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 01-27-2021, 12:58 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 03-07-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 03-09-2021, 06:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.