Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(07-29-2021 09:46 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-29-2021 08:24 PM)OdinFrigg Wrote:  
(07-29-2021 08:05 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(07-29-2021 07:50 PM)ICThawk Wrote:  Is it time to close this thread?

Not that I expect another addition from the Big 12 necessarily, but I think this chapter isn't quite closed.

Doubtful the SEC is interested in any additional current B12 schools; at least for a long time. But with the mega-conference initiative and/or pay-the-players factor developing, I would not outright dismiss certain reshuffling that could directly impact the SEC.

The focus is turning quickly to Clemson and FSU from the ACC. That is more than speculation already.

I'll close this thread when this round of realignment is over as it will all be interrelated.

Yeah their may still be some squiggles.

And the main board which is heavily ACC oriented doesn't want to acknowledge how easily it could happen, but, the calculation I saw that a Texas guy had a photo shot of puts every SEC school with an annual payout of 76.5 million when CBS's contract is up, or bought out. So the question is knowing the ACC payout will be under 35 next year. 40 million x 15 remaining years is 600 million dollars in difference. It's going to happen once they get enough placed, not to dissolve the league, but to leave fewer than enough to keep it going.

Now let me toss out a plan. The PAC takes Kansas State, Iowa State, TCU and Texas Tech and move to 16 adding 2 AAU, one in DFW and the other with Tech which has a large alumni base there. What if Notre Dame with Pitt, B.C. and Syracuse formed an Eastern Half division and joined the PAC?

If the Big 10 takes Kansas, Duke, N.C. State, Virginia, Ga Tech, and Miami, and the SEC takes Clemson, F.S.U., UNC, and Va Tech you place everyone but Wake who could easily go Big East for Hoops. Vandy goes all but football and Oklahoma State jumps in.

Baylor, West Virginia, Wake Forest and Vanderbilt are out or partials. Baylor and WVU go American, a conference they can actually win. The AAC gets inclusion.

Now everyone is accounted for. Why UNC in the SEC? Texas and ESPN would want that brand against Kentucky as nobody knows what Duke will have post Coach K. Duke is better in the B1G due to a large alumni base in NYC. Miami is better there because of the large alumni base in Broward and Dade. Same with Ga Tech and of course UVa is beltway. Duke is a huge academic bonus but the N. Carolina market is reached for football by State which is land grant and next five in positioned for AAU.

Louisville.

I know they've had their scandals, but it's an overall strong economic program. I think they'll need to land somewhere decent.

Personally, I would be fine with Florida State and Clemson as the anchors followed up by Georgia Tech and Louisville to 20. I know Kentucky hasn't come right out and supported Louisville's inclusion, but I wonder if they would be against it out of principle? UK and UL rivalry is much like Duke and UNC...it has a lot of juice and the programs are both consistently good.

This would also keep the Big Ten from planting a flag in the Deep South unless you count Miami. GT is by no means a big time player, but they have a lot of history with schools in the region so it's a nice game to have in place of the traditional cupcake.

Spitballing, but I am interested in Jay Bilas' take that the ACC should be working on a merger. Is that Jay pining for his beloved Duke to maintain relevancy or is there something going on behind the scenes with that? Bilas as a mouthpiece?
07-29-2021 11:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SEC Expansion - vandiver49 - 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand - 10thMountain - 05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: B12 - jhawkmvp - 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
schools making profits - jhawkmvp - 11-12-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: expansion - oliveandblue - 12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
My wild guess - jhawkmvp - 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 09-19-2015, 01:41 AM
RE - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: ? - Transic_nyc - 10-22-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 12-18-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 01-27-2021, 12:58 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 03-07-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 03-09-2021, 06:34 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why? - AllTideUp - 07-29-2021 11:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.