Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(06-06-2017 09:23 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 08:22 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 08:02 PM)XLance Wrote:  ESPN may be trying to accumulate enough inventory where they won't need any B1G or PAC games ever.
Right now I'm watching Florida v. Oklahoma (women's softball of TV). This is the kind of inventory that the SEC needs to fill network spots through out the year (not labor day thru Thanksgiving).
I would look for the SEC to start talking to both Oklahoma and Kansas and which ever schools they might want IF (a big if) a move to 18 is warranted (like Kansas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and West Virginia). That would give the SEC a western pod of Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, OSU, Arkansas and A&M.
Add an 18 team ACC with Notre Dame and Texas and two of Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston, Tulane or Cincinnati and it could provide ESPN with year round inventory with strong content for the entire school calendar.

Enough quality inventory....if OU/OSU/KU/WVU joined the SEC, the only thing possible for Texas would be to join the PAC or rebuild what's left of that Big 12 turd.

Football after dark would become a PAC exclusive. UT's inventory might be worthless at that point and going independent in football might be the only way to salvage any type of TV contract.

We want OU and UT. Nothing has changed since '91. Those are the two most valuable brands left on the table outside of Notre Dame being in between them. OU is pushing the B1G buttons to try to pry a bid out of the SEC for OSU. If Texas wants in (especially if OU is coming) we need a 4th. We have A&M so we won't agree to Tech. I think the compromise is to keep OU and KU and UT together and with those three we agree to OSU.

Those are our 4.

West: Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas
Central: Alabama, Auburn, L.S.U., Ole Miss, Miss State, Texas A&M
East: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

That's concise. It gives us three top brands two of which are AAU. And it gives us at least two games in Dallas a year because OSU would probably have to agree to play one there.

West Virginia becomes an all around sports addition like Louisville for the ACC. Notre Dame going all in is the add they need. Cincinnati gives them that and Ohio as a market. Then they can take Connecticut off the table and the B1G has nothing with which to expand further East.

Those are the best moves.

The PAC needs markets and Texas Tech and T.C.U. will be hard to resist. If Baylor loses voting privileges 7 is all it would take to disband. That's 7.

JR, I don't believe that ESPN will ever let the SEC acquire Texas. It's too much power in one place.
If ESPN ever has plans to stop paying for the B1G, then they mist have at least two strong conferences to draw from. But they don't want to have to deal with a super strong conference with too much influence. ESPN doesn't want the tail wagging the dog.
I fully expect to see Texas as a partial member of the ACC, and I can truly see the value of Oklahoma and Kansas in the SEC. Kansas fills deficiencies. And most importantly encompasses enough of the old Big 8 to make those members feel comfortable in their new home.
06-11-2017 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SEC Expansion - vandiver49 - 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand - 10thMountain - 05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: B12 - jhawkmvp - 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
schools making profits - jhawkmvp - 11-12-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: expansion - oliveandblue - 12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
My wild guess - jhawkmvp - 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 09-19-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why? - XLance - 06-11-2017 01:15 PM
RE - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: ? - Transic_nyc - 10-22-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 12-18-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 01-27-2021, 12:58 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 03-07-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 03-09-2021, 06:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.