Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(03-24-2016 02:52 AM)murrdcu Wrote:  JR, you just might get your OU/FSU wish this summer after all, lol.

MHver3 ‏@MHver3 20h20 hours ago
Hearing this morning that FSU has told ACC they will challenge GOR validity in court this fall regardless of what conf they call home

Currently there are 8 ACC schools that will not sign a new GOR for extra ESPN $

FSU says they do not want to leave ACC but have to keep options open since ACC is going to fall further behind SEC and others

Of course the source leaves major doubts, but if the SEC wanted to solidify everything they currently have, finish with to of the best brands out there presently not in the Big 10, PAC, or SEC this is the way to do it. The two largest states in the SEC footprint are Florida and Texas. In Florida we capture 45% of the market in actual allegiance. That's more than anyone can with one school, but should the payout model change that makes us vulnerable, as we would be in Texas.

In Texas A&M delivers viewers all over the state and clearly captures Houston. Should the SEC clearly dominate DFW as well it essentially gives us enough control not to lose footing with a new model. Oklahoma gives us that plus a new state. The two brands multiply our content value to heights that no other conference could then equal.

If you look at the remaining football product there are only 3 national brands left on the table between the ACC & SEC that aren't named Notre Dame.

Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida State would be the top 3. I strongly suspect that should OU & FSU move to the SEC that the content game would be over as to who is tops, or could be tops.

The Big 10 would only have two moves they could make that would keep them close: Notre Dame & Texas. I don't see Texas making this move. Notre Dame might if they had no other options.

Without Florida State the ACC might take West Virginia and Connecticut to move to 16, or might take W.V.U. and if Notre Dame went all in with the conference minus Florida State but with Miami they would have essentially everything they want in a conference in the ACC.

They would be the undisputed football king and they would have, other than Clemson, an easy path to the CFP.

If that were to happen I think the Big 10 has to take Kansas and Iowa State to strengthen their AAU hold. That means that Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas State and Texas Tech are free to head to the PAC.

The more I've thought about it the more I believe that Miami as Notre Dame's touchstone in Florida gives them the recruiting exposure without posing a major issue to their prominence. Clemson as Xlance has said before might like being N.D.'s sole competition in a Nole-less ACC.

But I wouldn't rule out the SEC & Big 10 both moving to 18 either. We might have to take Oklahoma State too. If so the 4th is a big question mark to me unless it's Texas (which I don't see), or Clemson which I also would like, but which whose absence coupled with the loss of F.S.U. would prove catastrophic for the ACC's valuation, Notre Dame or not.
03-24-2016 07:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SEC Expansion - vandiver49 - 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand - 10thMountain - 05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: B12 - jhawkmvp - 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
schools making profits - jhawkmvp - 11-12-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: expansion - oliveandblue - 12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
My wild guess - jhawkmvp - 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 09-19-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why? - JRsec - 03-24-2016 07:56 AM
RE - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: ? - Transic_nyc - 10-22-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 12-18-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 01-27-2021, 12:58 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 03-07-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 03-09-2021, 06:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.