Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(12-21-2015 03:38 PM)BePcr07 Wrote:  If I were the SEC, It would depend on what my goal was.

For 16: Kansas and Oklahoma
For 18: Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and West Virginia

Kansas for basketball.
Oklahoma for football, basketball, and national appeal.
Texas because it's Texas.
West Virginia for its likeness to SEC programs along with a decent football program and a good basketball program.

I would consider Oklahoma St only if Oklahoma declined.
I would consider Baylor only if Texas declined.
I would not consider TCU or Texas Tech. TCU is football-centric while Baylor has strong football and basketball. Texas is too far away.
I would not consider Kansas St. Their football and basketball are both typically okay, but neither program are as Kansas is to basketball.
I would consider Iowa St if the goal was beyond 18.

(02-23-2016 02:12 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(02-22-2016 08:34 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(02-22-2016 08:17 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  I do like the idea of bringing the Texahoma 4 aboard.

My gut instinct says Texas doesn't want to follow A&M or OU for that matter, but if we're selling the move as a home run for the SEC in taking the core of the Big 12 then perhaps that soothes the ego a little bit. I really don't think A&M would be against it even though I'm sure they don't really want UT in the league.

Then again, perhaps the simplest explanation is the most accurate. If UT doesn't really want to follow A&M and A&M doesn't really want UT then there may be an unbridgeable impasse.

If we do grab OU and OSU, and I think we would, then the ACC likely benefits as well from some additions. That's only true though if the UNC core wises up a little bit and realizes the league's weaknesses. If the GOR doesn't really hold water in the Big 12 then I guess there's still a chance we could land FSU, Clemson, NC State, and Virginia Tech. That's a really great 20. I'm still not sure the UNC Board would let us speak to NC State though.

West: Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Arkansas
South: LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama, Florida State
North: Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Virginia Tech, NC State
East: Auburn, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Clemson

The ACC could still survive as a basketball-centric East Coast league...

North: Boston College, Syracuse, Temple, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Louisville
South: Miami, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, Virginia

Notre Dame affiliates and stays independent in football. That's a decent Power league.

The B1G can take Kansas and UConn

I could see Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, and Iowa State going to the PAC.

Left out are Baylor, Kansas State, and West Virginia. Not sure the ACC would take any of those because if the football first members move out then the NC core will want to totally change the culture of the conference.

What would you suggest if we could only take from the Big 12?

I do agree with you that if we're getting UT then we'd probably have to give them a prominent place in a Western division and that we'd probably need to take a 3rd TX school. I'd be ok with that.

My preferences for 4 from the Big 12:

1. OU, OSU, UT, TT...I like TT over Baylor because its public and would have a larger alumni base. I think they also have much higher attendance. Those fans are pretty passionate.

2. OU, OSU, UT, Baylor

If UT is not involved though then I'd go with WVU and KU.

B12 preferences: UT, OU, KU, WVU, everything after that would be rather bland.
02-24-2016 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SEC Expansion - vandiver49 - 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand - 10thMountain - 05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: B12 - jhawkmvp - 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
schools making profits - jhawkmvp - 11-12-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: expansion - oliveandblue - 12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
My wild guess - jhawkmvp - 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 09-19-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why? - murrdcu - 02-24-2016 05:24 PM
RE - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: ? - Transic_nyc - 10-22-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 12-18-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 01-27-2021, 12:58 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 03-07-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 03-09-2021, 06:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.