Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(10-14-2015 01:40 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(10-14-2015 12:18 PM)XLance Wrote:  
(10-13-2015 11:15 PM)JRsec Wrote:  96 pages into this thread, speculation about almost every angle and Big 12 school, and what does the Big 12 have that would bring value to the SEC? Oklahoma & Texas and to a lesser extent Kansas.

If the SEC landed Oklahoma and Texas they will have added to the two highest content value schools left in realignment.

What should we do to get them if they can't leave little brothers behind? Take little brother.

Oklahoma State, choose one (Baylor or Texas Tech) would move us to 18 and 3 divisions of 6. If Texas is not an option then OU, KU, OSU, KState might (I said might) be workable.

And yes, I support just OU with OSU if necessary. Yes that duplicates a small market, but with two schools which are among the top 30 grossing schools in the nation, and with two schools that could each play an annual game in Dallas along with A&M making the Big D SEC country.

And JR this brings us back to where we have clashed before.
It does not seem as if ANYBODY wants to go beyond 16. I think that that is a given no matter how attractive the 3 x 6 model appears.
There is no doubt that the folks at ESPN would be doing cartwheels if Oklahoma and Texas would join the SEC for a multitude of reasons (mostly $$$$ signs). But and that's a big BUT Oklahoma State had to be a part, it is my understanding that it is possible that a SEC east team may be "transferred" into the ACC as #16 provided that Notre Dame would be #15. Cast in stone? Nope, just one of the multitudes of scenarios that have been discussed between the ACC, SEC and ESPN.
Does it make sense for the Texas ego? Heck no, but it does make sense on so many levels, especially for the fans. What does not make sense, is Texas playing conference games on the east coast when A&M, Oklahoma, LSU, Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma State are so close.

1. I don't see why anyone would want to leave the SEC right now.

2. The only member of the SEC East(other than Mizzou) that is not a founding member is South Carolina. Each of the Eastern schools fit into the SEC perfectly.

3. They make more money in the SEC.

This is why I would say that if the ACC is looking for expansion options then looking to the Midwest/Texas is the way to go. I can understand the reasons for not wanting WVU or UConn, but snagging an SEC team is just not an option.

I'd be looking at Iowa State, Kansas, Oklahoma State, TCU, Baylor...they all fit the ACC profile to one extent or the other.

It will be interesting if ND comes along, but I don't think it's going to happen soon.

I don't see anyone wanting to leave the SEC either, BUT if ESPN had the opportunity to move Texas and Oklahoma into the SEC and the price was taking in Oklahoma State too, somebody in the SEC East might just be encouraged to compromise for the betterment of college football (ESPN) and you can bet that they would be well compensated.

Who knows? It's all speculation at this point. There are so many moving parts that it has been difficult to reach consensus. No school or conference wants to really give up anything while getting something and in the mean time do whatever without losing face.
10-15-2015 07:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SEC Expansion - vandiver49 - 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand - 10thMountain - 05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: B12 - jhawkmvp - 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
schools making profits - jhawkmvp - 11-12-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: expansion - oliveandblue - 12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
My wild guess - jhawkmvp - 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 09-19-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why? - XLance - 10-15-2015 07:46 AM
RE - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: ? - Transic_nyc - 10-22-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 12-18-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 01-27-2021, 12:58 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 03-07-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 03-09-2021, 06:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.