Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(12-29-2014 07:33 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 07:04 PM)XLance Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 06:36 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 01:57 PM)XLance Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 01:13 AM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Yes, I am aware. Did you think I wasn't? I am talking about a different divisional rule change that will come after major movement, not before.

What different divisional rule change are you talking about?
It must be a double secret rule change, because nobody else seems to know anything about it.03-lmfao

Right because they only talk about things that they release to the media. If you don't know about what I am talking about then you don't pay attention to what anyone else has to say.

Just like it would take a rule change for you guys to have the no divisions needed rule, it would take a similar change to allow conferences to have more than 2 divisions.

Come on now, this isn't rocket science, stop being a troll. This isn't the ACC forum or the main board.

Maybe you had better review the proposal:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...-structure

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2014...-games.htm

If you don't have to play all of the teams in your division, you could theoretically divide divisions into multiple pods or not have divisions at all.

Keep up H1, this information has been out a long time.

But that also allows for no divisions and that doesn't really favor the likes of the Big Ten, SEC and PAC. So how about you keep up because obviously you aren't. Stop being a ******* while you are at it.

I am well aware of the situation. The other conferences aren't going to want to do away with divisions. That only helps the Big 12 stay as they are. Is that completely lost upon you? You are coming off as desperate for this if you cant understand why others wouldn't want it as the Big 12 is proposing. Has the ACC made any public statements about it yet now that we have seen the Playoff situation play out? I bet we don't see one.
Like I said, this isn't the ACC forum. If you cant keep that idiocy out of here then move on.

Not sure I agree that the "no divisions" aspect of the proposed rule isn't something the SEC, PAC, and maybe even the BiG wouldn't support.

The SEC West is too powerful at the moment and having it stacked as it is right now and for the foreseeable future, could result in the SEC East becoming viewed as the old Big 12 North in relative terms - which means because it is the SEC it will be better overall but in terms of comparison with the SEC West it will be considered weak. They may not change right away, but seeing the ACC experiment with it might be a good litmus test to see if it might work in the future.

The PAC may like divisions now at 12, but if expansion takes the conference to 14 or above, supporting the "no divisions" part of the clause might help later on. Why not see what the ACC does with it to see if it can help or not? I actually see the California schools liking it since they got to keep their round-robin amongst them with a 12-team conference and 9 game schedule but know they would likely lose that in a 14 team conference with required divisions in it.

The BiG probably likes things the way they are now, especially since they now have much clearer divisions instead of the Legends and Leaders nonsense of a few years back. But if Harbaugh quickly elevates Michigan to Meyer level Ohio State then there is the danger of the East division dominating the West division a few years down the road as well.

It will be interesting to see what happens. And just because a proposal comes forward worded in one way, does it mean it can't be modified during the vetting process in order to allow it to pass?

I think a conference not having at least 12 teams might be the stumbling block more so than the divisional requirement.

Time will tell.

Cheers,
Neil
12-30-2014 07:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SEC Expansion - vandiver49 - 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand - 10thMountain - 05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: B12 - jhawkmvp - 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
schools making profits - jhawkmvp - 11-12-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: expansion - oliveandblue - 12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
My wild guess - jhawkmvp - 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why? - omniorange - 12-30-2014 07:58 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 09-19-2015, 01:41 AM
RE - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: ? - Transic_nyc - 10-22-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 12-18-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 01-27-2021, 12:58 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 03-07-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 03-09-2021, 06:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.