Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(11-05-2014 12:50 AM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 05:49 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 05:33 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(07-06-2013 08:54 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Let's assume the ACC stands firm with their recent additions and that everyone has indeed signed their GOR and that they get their network. Should Texas and Oklahoma realize the disadvantage long term that their conference is in and the Big 12 was suddenly open for the taking of new members who should the SEC add and why?

To me the ideal additions would be Kansas & Oklahoma. We would likely find ourselves in head to head competition with the Big 10 for http://csnbbs.com/jscripts/editor_themes...n.gifthese schools. Kansas is a better cultural fit for the Big 10. Oklahoma could fit in just about anywhere. I think the ideal here is highly unlikely. So my goal would be to add the Sooners and West Virginia. The Mountaineers would be joyous to be a part of the SEC and that is worth a lot to me. Oklahoma might choose the Big 10 but if they do in my opinion they will wind up like Nebraska, good, but a shadow of their former selves. Personally, I think they need Southern recruiting ties to stay viable.

If the Sooners did go elsewhere the Cowboys are fine with me. They are top 25 in profitability and are competitive in all sports.

Since I'm a little late to the party, I'll just rank my quasi-Big 12 additions:
1. OU, Nebraska
2. OU, WVU
3. OU, Kansas

I don't ever see Texas joining, let alone playing by the rules.

I appreciate your #1 but would Nebraska be a viable candidate now that they are in the Big 10? Or were you speaking of that pair as a viable Big 10 scenario? For the most part I agree with your preferences and your assessment of the Horns. But I do see merit in the Cowboys should OU not be available.
A lot of NU fans are not happy with their conference schedules and the lack of respect they are getting when they sit atop the standings in B1G West. Further expansion of the B1G in the east could make NU reconsider their conference affiliation and if they start talking to the Big 12, why not make a power play to grab OU with their long time rival Nebraska as part of the deal? The pods wouldn't be too bad:
NU OU Mizz Ark
A&M LSU Ole MSU
Ala Aub V UK
FL UGA USC Tenn

Further expansion in the East is not assured. Nebraska folks weren't the only ones miffed with the large move into the East that was an obvious market grab.

What you aren't figuring on is the fact that Nebraska has now bought into the Big Ten Network. Their fans rantings about scheduling and what not was very much expected when Nebraska moved to the Big Ten.

Plebian outrage is very much understood and designed for during these kinds of massive movements. The University of Nebraska decides where they go, not the fans. They Know their fans are a captive audience.

If they do anything big in order to make fans happy, it will be eating the cost of firing Bo Pelini early. I highly doubt the grumblings will get to that point but Nebraska is more likely to sacrifice him because the cost of doing that is much less than the cost of leaving the Big Ten. That doesn't even take into account the loss of face of doing an about face and going back to the Big 12. If you think Administrators are willing to do that then you don't understand the consequences to them of making that choice. That is equivalent to walking into the Board and asking to be fired. Moving to the Big Ten was that big of a deal. You don't go back on that kind of move. You make it work.
11-05-2014 06:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SEC Expansion - vandiver49 - 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand - 10thMountain - 05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: B12 - jhawkmvp - 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why? - He1nousOne - 11-05-2014 06:16 PM
schools making profits - jhawkmvp - 11-12-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: expansion - oliveandblue - 12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
My wild guess - jhawkmvp - 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 09-19-2015, 01:41 AM
RE - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: ? - Transic_nyc - 10-22-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 12-18-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 01-27-2021, 12:58 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 03-07-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 03-09-2021, 06:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.