Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why?
(07-07-2014 06:52 PM)Bearcat Billy Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 05:02 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 04:07 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 01:23 PM)BearcatBeta Wrote:  
(07-10-2013 09:50 AM)LSUtah Wrote:  Agree completely. We will probably see little in the way of conference realignment until that day happens, and my bet is that there is a good chance the "Texoma 4" are eventually part of a PAC-16. An eastern division anchored by TEXAS/USC and a western division anchored by USC/OREGON? Good grief...that is a very good product right there.

At that point WVU and most likely Kansas State to the SEC (unless an unlikely NC or VA school falls out of the ACC).

Sorry hayhiggs, but Cinci will not be invited to the party for all the reasons outlined by vandiver. The reality is there are more Ohio State fans in Cincy than Bearcat fans (just like there are more TEXAS and TAMU fans in Dallas than TCU fans). It's a game of flagships for the B1G, PAC and SEC. The Big12 remaining viable is Cincy's only hope...maybe ACC if Cincy goes on a mad run.

The reality is that there are more UC grads in greater Cincinnati (70000),
than tosu grads in greater Cincinnati (8500). Plus tosu's basketball program sucks. Any loss by tosu makes for a great weekend.
Try getting a NC home game with tosu 100 miles from Columbus. Duck and weave is all they have.
Cincinnati a large untapped market that would draw huge crowds, with PBS as a backup. And Ohio a significant recruiting ground.
utern
LSUtah, that is crazy. Cincinnati is by far the most popular team in the metro area. The second most popular would be UK. The southern portion of our metro area is in Kentucky.

Yeah, there's no question that SW Ohio is geared more toward UC than Ohio State, though I always heard there were 100,000+ grads in the area, not 70,000. I'll have to verify.

About 425,000 of Cincy metro's residents live in Northern Kentucky. You are crazy if you think O$U has any form of dominance there. Not over UC, and certainly not over UK.

I'm not here to suggest UC should be in the SEC; however, I'm big on getting the facts straight.

This is only my opinion, but having the SEC invade B1G territory would so some significant damage. UC in the SEC would be O$U's worst nightmare, considering the Buckeyes have a HUGE insecurity complex. This will never happen but it sure is fun to think about it.

Would probably make life more difficult for WVU as well.

As I stated in another thread, an SEC team on any given weekend in Paul Brown Stadium would sell out and be tosu worst nightmare. There is a reason that they continue to try and keep UC down. Most SEC schools already recruit the Cincy area like crazy--another thing that drives tosu mad.05-stirthepot Cincy is the northern most southern town. We have nothing in common with the rest of Ohio.

While a Cincinnati move to the SEC would open interesting possibilities it would not be high on the SEC target priority list. But that doesn't mean the concept is impossible, but rather that it would require a specific set of circumstances to come to fruition. For instance if the P5 remain intact and expansion to 16 each is desired then possibilities will open up for South Florida, East Carolina, Connecticut, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Brigham Young and possibly a few others. Profitability in that case will favor the new market and then the Bearcats and Pirates could become of interest to the SEC. Even if the SEC opted for another Florida school and East Carolina I would have to think that Cincinnati would at least become very enticing to an expanding Big 12.

Remember in such a scenario you are no longer competing with the dream selections of these conferences. The state of Virginia and North Carolina (except for E.C.U.) would be out of reach to the SEC. Clemson and Florida State dreams would be moot for the Big 12. In this scenario Cincinnati only has to stack up against the list I provided and they should do that favorably enough to land either in the SEC, Big 12, or perhaps even the ACC. But in my opinion that is your best case scenario for landing in a P5 conference. Why? Because all other scenarios will involve the division of the Big 12 and likely would mean no more than 64 or 65 schools in the remaining P4. In any of those scenarios you are competing for that spot with Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Iowa State, Texas Tech and Baylor and West Virginia.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 12:26 AM by JRsec.)
07-07-2014 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the Big 12 who should we take and why? - JRsec - 07-07-2014 08:23 PM
SEC Expansion - vandiver49 - 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand - 10thMountain - 05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: B12 - jhawkmvp - 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 11-04-2014, 02:34 AM
schools making profits - jhawkmvp - 11-12-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: expansion - oliveandblue - 12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
My wild guess - jhawkmvp - 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 12-25-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 09-19-2015, 01:41 AM
RE - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 10-21-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: ? - Transic_nyc - 10-22-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand... - Transic_nyc - 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 12-18-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 01-27-2021, 12:58 AM
RE: If - Transic_nyc - 03-07-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 03-09-2021, 06:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.