Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament becoming the BIG EAST Invitational...
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
RE: NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament becoming the BIG EAST Invitational...
(03-29-2013 11:23 AM)Jericho Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 10:52 AM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 10:39 AM)Jericho Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 10:33 AM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 10:31 AM)Jericho Wrote:  I'd agree. And Marquette needed a lot of help to get out of the first round (and a bit in the second). Syracuse and Louisville have looked great, but any conference can have 1-2 good schools. The Big 10 still has OSU, Michigan, and Michigan St. A lot can still happen.

Making shots is getting help? 01-wingedeagle

Oh, I see you're a Catholic 7 fan. I'm sure there's no bias there.

I was mainly referring to Davidson, which should have won the first round game and blew it. But Marquette also needed Butler to miss a 3 to win at the end of the second round game too.

Playing a close game is not getting help. Help is a lot if questionable calls going one way "helping" said team to a win. A game is 40 minutes long, you play the whole 40 minutes. In case you missed it Marquette just obliterated Miami.

Apparently "obliterated" means winning by ten. After all, I hear that a game is 40 minutes long. Have to count the entire game, right?

I'll rest my case as this. Here's an article that sums up my position:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/199509641.html

I think most people would agree with that article. The one person that takes offense to it is the one heavily biased towards Catholic-7 schools. I believe your bias clouds the reality. Marquette was very fortunate to escape Davidson. That's as much on Davidson as anything positive Marquette did. To a lesser extent, Marquette could have easily been knocked off by Butler too (since Butler had a shot at the end to win). Neither happened, which is why Marquette is still here. But I think a reasonable person would say the Davidson collapsed in their game and there's some good fortune involved. No shame in that, it's just how it is

I'm not saying Marquette wasn't fortunate, I'm saying they didn't get help which is what you were saying. And yes they OBLITERATED Miami last night.
03-29-2013 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament becoming the BIG EAST Invitational... - NJRedMan - 03-29-2013 11:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.