emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: For the Haters of the Media Relations Office
(12-04-2022 02:33 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  
(12-04-2022 01:53 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  
(12-04-2022 10:56 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(12-04-2022 10:08 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  
(12-02-2022 09:41 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  This is EXACTLY the problem You guys keep being happy with the "comparative to the MAC" story. lol

I don't think our media relations is bad. I just think overall, what if we raised our expectations (stadium facilities, acceptance of what good coaching is, media coverage) then what would happen? shouldn't it be the goal to be so good in every aspect that we are moved out of the MAC and into a better conference?

Saying things like, well, our media department is better than Akron.....LOL wow
Right here! That is THE point. Even if we're slightly better than Akron or Ball State (Boom goes the dynamite!), that should have nothing to do with what we are trying to accomplish. Right now we can conclude that our media relations is not drawing that many fans to our major sporting events so maybe...take some constructive criticism, be creative, and try new things. Or not, if your credo is "good enough, I'm tired."

B*ll s*it.

The notion that if we have UofM's media relations staff we'd be like them is to think like a 10th grader.

We've had excellent ADs, etc who have gone on to perform extremely well elsewhere.

I have an old saying: What you sow depends on the soil that you sow the seed. Some soil is rich and other is nearly barren.

Gene Smith is the AD at OSU. He was at EMU and didn't perform miracles. Heather has been here and now an ACC AD.

We need to realize that EMU is EMU, not a UofM or MSU-possible clone. If someone wanted to be at a B1G school, they should have gone to MSU.

Steve, this is another dumb take. no one thinks we are uofM. What you and others fail to realize is that it is entirely possible to raise the standards and become a higher echelon G5 program. "10th grader..." LOL

Liberty, Coastal Carolina, Tulane, UL Monroe and others should ABSOLUTELY be what EMU aspires to be. Why can't you understand that? I can and according to you, I'm a 10th grader. lol

If the program from top down was serious about it, then think about the advantages to the overall University. Look at what resources Jackson State put in with Deion? Look at what Hugh Freeze just did for Liberty? Tulane is about to get more resources for their program and Coastal is now a household G5 name. Bottom line is that, as long as we compare ourselves to Bowling Green, we will stay with Bowling Green, or Akron, etc.
Perfectly stated.

Guys, please do some research before you post:

Tulane is classified among "R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity" and had research expenditure of $193.3 million in fiscal year 20." This is the HIGHEST classification in academia.

Has a law school. Med school, etc. etc. Its endowment is almost 2B.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulane_University

If you go to New Orleans and put Tulane and EMU in the same sentence that might accuse you of not knowing the difference between Kate Upton and Twiggy.

Don't feel bad. If you go to New Orleans and put Tulane and Alabama in the same sentence Tulane alums will laugh at you.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/com..._id=100751

Here is EMU. Wikipedia said we had an endowment of less than 100M a few year ago. Or 5% of Tulane's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Mi...University

Endowment $78.2 million (2019)[2]

I'll do Liberty and Jackson State later. Hint: Liberty has tons of money because of its status as the Notre Dame of Baptist universities.

Here is Liberty's endowment: Endowment $1.71 billion (2020)[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_University

Jackson State went from the out house to penthouse (w. Deion) and maybe back to the outhouse without him??? (TBD).
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2022 04:28 PM by emu steve.)
12-04-2022 03:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: For the Haters of the Media Relations Office - emu steve - 12-04-2022 03:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.