Bookmark and Share
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
RE: For the Haters of the Media Relations Office
(12-02-2022 04:41 PM)truEMU07 Wrote:  
(12-02-2022 04:28 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  
(12-02-2022 12:24 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(12-02-2022 11:33 AM)holybovine Wrote:  I guess from a Media Relations perspective, the customer is always wrong? People make a few suggestions, and everyone freaks out?

Not sure of your point, but customers don't want to be 'gaslighted' e.g.,, told that the 2022 Detroit Tigers were a good, promising, exciting team. They were not.

My 'problem' with too much media relations, marketing, etc. is that evolves or devolves into a bunch of trivia, useless information, etc.

To say that Player X if the EMU FB player from say the first from the upper peninsula in 50 years is nice but do I really care? Is it useful information? Trivia?
Terrible analogy. The Tigers were potentially a good, promising, exciting team that unfortunately UNDERPERFORMED for whatever reason. They were marketed correctly, the blame lies with the players and the managerial staff. For fans, there is NEVER too much information when it comes to one's team/school. You, my friend know this. Ironically, this board is proof of that! We are figuratively starving for information, which is why there is activity every single day here. By the way, I have yet to hear a reason why there couldn't be a WEEKLY Michigan Replay style coach's show with Chris Creighton featuring someone other than EMU mouthpiece Greg Steiner. As was noted previously, EMU football Hall of Famer TJ Lang who is a legitimate media figure locally at 97.1 could really reach a lot more people outside of the EMU bubble. It is an opportunity that should be explored. That is my free marketing/media advice.

Bob I think you're on to a potentially great idea here.

The Last Dance showed us how much an audience enjoys watching the people who experienced the games first-hand watching and talking about what happened.

As long as we have the rights (not sure what the rule is for something like this on the ESPN content on our own YouTube), Creighton is willing/able to do it (what does his contract stipulate?), and the money is there to pay TJ (or whoever the host is), I think that'd be great.

A coach’s review show is REALLY low hanging fruit. It’s not expensive to produce, nor time-consuming. My only assumption is that they don’t think anyone would be interested.
12-02-2022 06:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: For the Haters of the Media Relations Office - holybovine - 12-02-2022 06:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.