Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nebraska Cornhuskers closing in on Former Carolina Panthers Head Coach Matt Rhule
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
RE: Nebraska Cornhuskers closing in on Former Carolina Panthers Head Coach Matt Rhule
(11-28-2022 04:28 PM)Mav Wrote:  
(11-27-2022 06:14 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  Frost did well at UCF when he could out-talent everyone on the field, but once he went to Nebraska he was exposed. Not unlike what I've said about Deion, he won't be able to out-talent people at an SEC program like he can at Jackson St. Rhule won't need to out-talent people to win a lot of games, and he won't lose a bunch that he should have won, either.
Frost's problem is he went home to an athletic department staffed with a bunch of his friends and got stuck between being a P5 head coach and reenacting Old School with his fellow 90s-era Huskers. I could see him being successful elsewhere without all of the distractions Lincoln had for him.

(11-27-2022 04:26 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  Remember that Nebraska was at a financial disadvantage for years in the B1G. I don't remember who said this, perhaps it was Dodds or Bowlsby, but he mentioned that last year that it had taken Nebraska an entire decade to get back to just even with what they would have made over that entire decade if they'd remained in the big 12.
Dodds? Nebraska would probably still be in the Big 12 if it wasn't for him and his sock puppet Beebe screwing with the conference like they did. That's rich coming from him, if it did.

(11-27-2022 05:19 PM)templefootballfan Wrote:  Love to see Rhule turn program around, I think he made big mistake
I tought Frost could prove me wrong, not with no players
Frost brought in players just fine, he just couldn't get them to stay. Lots of talent would transfer out at the end of the year, and for whatever reason, he wasn't able to patch those holes in the roster until after his assistants all got canned. I think with NIL and the portal, the tools are in place for Nebraska to be a respectable program, if not an elite one. There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to compete for the West most years, especially when it has years as bad as this one.

Nebraska is a top 20 program and has the resources to compete with anybody. People can criticize them all they want, but if Osborne was there today he'd figure out a way to just like he did 4 decades ago. Nebraska is also not in a position to demand 10 wins a season on day 1, so it's a great opportunity for a program builder like Rhule to come in and immediately put a positive stamp on things. I think he's a really good hire for them, on par with Fickell and Wisconsin and clearly better than any other hire this cycle.
11-30-2022 04:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nebraska Cornhuskers closing in on Former Carolina Panthers Head Coach Matt Rhule - bryanw1995 - 11-30-2022 04:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.