Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It's Late July 2022, Where Do We Go From Here?
Bookmark and Share
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
It's Late July 2022, Where Do We Go From Here?
We will have a pause now. Focus will shift to the upcoming season. Once Big Ten media days are over realignment talk will subside, but realignment work will continue in the background. The ACC schools will be looking for a way out of their untimely cage and if they can find one, they'll be in background talks with the B1G, SEC, and ESPN trying to find placement for as many as they can in each and working with ESPN to perhaps build a third new conference. N.D. will wait to see the general direction of the ACC before announcing their move. And meanwhile back at the B1G Headquarters they'll be playing free Willie (UCLA). If that fails, say hello to the Cardinal and Dancing Sequoia.

The season will be played while details are worked out and sometime shortly after the CFP final Notre Dame will kick it off with an announced move a year or two out (likely 2025) with 3 more ACC schools, perhaps Duke, Virginia and Pitt/Cuse.

Then within a few days 4 ACC schools to the SEC will be announced. Perhaps they will be UNC, Clemson, FSU, and Miami or NC State. The rest of the moves will be worked out but not released until after the NCAA tourney is over. At that time the B1G could pick up more PAC schools while the SEC rounds out with ACC schools and perhaps Kansas. Summer of 2023 a new conference will be born out of the remnants.

If we do head into players unions and pay for play, I suspect some names will drop out and you might see a 3 x 20 instead of a 3 x 24, or a mixture of the 2 configurations.

If the ACC sticks out the duration of their GOR I could see the SEC and B1G both divvying up the West for markets and late nighttime slots to expand their windows and TV money. The ACC would essentially be bypassed and priced out.

I could see SEC interest in USF, Kansas, Colorado, other current B12 schools, and perhaps Utah and Arizona schools. It would be odd to be sure but could revitalize those programs reached by healthier conferences.

My odds say the ACC realizes their no-win situation and chooses to be part of the new world coming upon us whether we like it or not.
07-23-2022 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
It's Late July 2022, Where Do We Go From Here? - JRsec - 07-23-2022 05:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.