Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Let the discussion begin.
LUSportsFan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lamar Cardinals
Let the discussion begin.
Thanks to Georgia Tech Swagger and CrimsonPhantom for the new subforums.

-------------------------

I'm interested to hear what others think about the athletic programs and the university in general. I'm wondering about the teams' prospects. I'm excited about the move to the WAC. I have been relegated to following the Cardinals remotely after moving to another state several years ago.

Competition

- Men's Basketball: It looks like the men's basketball team has some recruits with good potential coming in.
- Football: What does the season look like with last season's 50+ freshmen having their first season in the rear view mirror?
- Lady Cardinal basketball: Will the team show improvement with new team members like former 5 Star recruit, Kansas transfer Brooklyn Mitchell coming on board? It would be great to get the program back to where it was with Robin Harmony.
- Women's soccer: How will the soccer team replace 3rd Team All-American Esther Okoronkwo?

Facility Improvements

- Vincent-Beck Stadium: Looking at the latest Texas State University System Board meeting reports, it looks like the Vincent-Beck stadium renovation has now been moved to 2023, but the estimated cost is up to $17.5 Million. The playing field, dugouts, and drainage were replaced/improved a couple of years ago. When will the other improvements occur?
- IPF: I noticed the University's master plan lists a 60,000 GSF - 100,000 GSF indoor practice facility projected in the 2025-2029 time range. Has there been any discussion about it? The master plan includes a full sized practice field and indoor track.

There is a lot to talk about with a new university president coming on board, new coaches, in addition to a new conference home.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2021 04:36 PM by LUSportsFan.)
07-07-2021 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Let the discussion begin. - LUSportsFan - 07-07-2021 09:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.