Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Next year
Bookmark and Share
geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
Next year
So I figured we look ahead to next season after coming up short on Monday.

Let's face it, the last COVID-19 pause ruined any chances of winning the title, but that was the hand we were dealt.

I'm going to borrow a post from a long-time fan from Dieharddogs who pretty much summed up Monday night...

Couple things ...

-Hats off to Alexander Nwagha. He played his arse off and changed the tenor of the game in the second half with his defense. Really competes on the glass. Maybe another young guy worth developing further next year.

-Vito Cubrilo also played well Monday night. Contributed in different ways and played better really than he had in any previous game.

-Telfort was immense all night and almost willed the team to a win. His ability to get inside and finish with either hand is quite impressive. Monster performance by him.

-Last thing ... I love the toughness this team shows. Down 13 and playing without so many pieces (and who knows how many playing well below 100 percent) it would have been easy to pack it in. They didn't and they put some serious game pressure on Drexel and made them earn it. Of all the things that impressed me about this team this season ... the toughness is at the top of the list. And that starts with Walker ... who even though he didn't play his best game on Monday he's as tough as they come and never gives an inch.

I think that summed up Monday night and the season in a nutshell...

As for 2021-22, we have two guys in Walker and Telfort who are legit 1st team players. We also have Shaq Walters back who is an excellent defender and gives us scoring and length. We'll have freshman PG To Randriasalama to give Tyson a rest and he has the size at the point (6'3") that Coen usually loves.

But what we need is another big. Like a 6'10" big to go along with Doherty, Eboigboden and Nwagha. Let's hope we can land one via transfer. As we know they're hard to recruit and land. NU did land one in Andre Weir, but he got influenced to not sign with us and went to Richmond, where he had problems and left the program.

We have everyone back and have Randriasalama coming. I love what the future holds... as long as we don't have anyone transfer like J'Vonne Hadley did.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2021 09:00 PM by geewizNU.)
03-10-2021 08:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Next year - geewizNU - 03-10-2021 08:57 PM
RE: Next year - NUGUY - 03-10-2021, 11:28 PM
RE: Next year - geewizNU - 03-11-2021, 11:21 AM
RE: Next year - NUGUY - 03-11-2021, 11:49 AM
RE: Next year - SomebodyToLove - 03-15-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Next year - NUGUY - 03-15-2021, 12:21 PM
RE: Next year - geewizNU - 03-15-2021, 12:27 PM
RE: Next year - NUGUY - 03-15-2021, 01:01 PM
RE: Next year - NUFan35 - 03-15-2021, 01:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.