The 2020 MAC football season is cancelled
Bookmark and Share
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
RE: The 2020 MAC football season is cancelled
(12-01-2020 05:59 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(08-08-2020 12:19 PM)DICK Wrote:  
(08-08-2020 11:40 AM)ilovegymnast Wrote:  No reason they couldn't do pro days on a by week for each team. And if anything it allows them to be scouted even more if they are the only game in town.

I think most are too pessimistic, not optimistic enough. Most optimists are predicting Covid cures by the end of the year. It is quite possible that by the time we play games in March, April, and May that we can have cheerleaders, marching bands, and fans. The ESPN family will cover all the games, so ESPN+, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPN 2, ESPN. If we are the only FBS league playing in the Fall, we could play anywhere from an 8 to an 11 game conference schedule, plus the MACC. We could also play a non league or 2 games vs FCS teams. This is likely to be a much more entertaining and safe way to go than playing this Fall.

It is possible other conferences will follow the MAC to the Spring, that would open up the possibilities of non conference ( maybe buy games?) and postseason games ( Hey, MAC teams could host a bowl game in MAY.)

It would be a quick turn around to 2021 Fall season, but you would just skip Spring practice all together.

I think this post might be aging better than I first thought. Why?

We do have a vaccine being shipped to the U.S. as I post. We are expecting 40M doses from two companies. Dosing is 2 doses - the 2nd 4 weeks apart.

Apparently they will tee up 40M high risk persons to go first. The 2nd 40M doses would be the 2nd shot for these 40M people. 40M would be say all medical personnel, long term care patients and staff, etc.

Maybe by Feb.1 (another 40M doses) we can be into the more 'discretionary' groups. I would put athletes in that grouping along with 65+, teachers, etc.

Some FB (and MBB/WBB) players might be developing some antibodies by say late Feb. when the season was to start...

A family member put refrigeration units in at his hospital for vaccine storage. I was
was told the expected arrival date which is very soon.
12-01-2020 11:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2020 MAC football season is cancelled - Boca Rocket - 12-01-2020 11:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.