Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post Covid Realignment Ideas
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Post Covid Realignment Ideas
(06-28-2020 11:11 AM)fresnofanatic Wrote:  @Solohawks, this is actually a very realistic post. Well thought out too. It’s so realistic, nobody wants to admit it’s a real possibility of happening. We want to believe ‘things will all be back to “normal” soon’. Which not only applies to American sports, but also, American life and economics. So, your reality post is being ignored because people hate horror movies that are too lifelike. They’d rather have happy movie or sci-fi type horror.

Anyway, I can even see FCS and G5 becoming more intertwined. Per each given season, the few G5 bowls that survive the next coupe years will go as auto bids to any team from current G5 and FCS, as, we non-A5 will all be in a hybrid FCS-FBS subdivision of D1 football eventually. The rest will go to what is now the FCS tournament, then maybe another lesser FCS tournament below that to give all teams with winning seasons a post-season to hang their hats on.

So, in order to compensate for these drastic fiscal and financial changes, travel will HAVE to be an issue, period.

Big West revives football in this new world...

“*” denotes football member

*Hawaii
*San Jose State
*UC Davis
*Sacramento State
*Nevada
*Fresno State
*Cal Poly
*UNLV
*San Diego State
CS Bakersfield
UC Santa Barbara
CS Northridge
Long Beach State
UC Riverside
CS Fullerton
UC Irvine
UC San Diego

17 teams for good single round robin in basketball

Should be a top non-A5 football conference annually. Should be a top mid major basketball and all other non-football sports, especially baseball.

Alot of this seems to be already in motion with the MEAC changes and the ASUNs desire to create a deep south FCS conference. If you listened to the interview with the ASun Commish with HCBUSports you see his desire to work with current conferences like they do currently with the Big South for football. His story about the founding of the swimming conference that was to become the UAC was very interesting and positive.

For my posts I tried to combine the ASun's UAC idea, the working relationship they have with the Big South and the MEACs need to meet the D1 standards. If the ASun's FCS goals are successful the OVC and SoCon will need replacements, so I picked the most logical additions. Combining that with the intent to keep the MEAC afloat I shifted the VA schools to the MEAC. I figured Liberty would be amicable as being in a prominent HBCU conference help offset any of the political accusations they face now.

The CAA changes are more of a longshot especially Howard, who seems to be really interested in the MEAC's longterm wellbeing. If they were to leave though the CAA would make the most sense
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2020 02:00 PM by solohawks.)
06-28-2020 01:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Post Covid Realignment Ideas - solohawks - 06-25-2020, 06:59 PM
RE: Post Covid Realignment Ideas - Lopes87 - 06-28-2020, 01:39 PM
RE: Post Covid Realignment Ideas - solohawks - 06-28-2020 01:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.