Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Switching Up the ACC's Divisions
YouPeople Offline
Banned

I Root For: NC State
RE: Switching Up the ACC's Divisions
(04-20-2020 04:50 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(04-20-2020 04:40 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(04-20-2020 04:04 PM)YouPeople Wrote:  WVU would travel almost as good as Clemson. That is the kind of traveling, football first type program we need in this conference.

It makes so much sense it won't happen because the ACC brass is clueless when it comes to football.

West Virginia's academics could be fairly described as Junior College-esk. This will turn off Presidents who want to be seen in lofty academic peer groups. It will also be an issue any time there is a superstar in FB or MBB that can't make the ACC minimums but can make the NCAA minimums. WVU will take them eagerly. You going to mandate the ACC minimums become the WVU minimums? You going to give them an exemption to minimums for players in state and from a neighboring state? If you don't that might cause a problem in non-revenue sports which typically get homegrown talent even at the P5 level. Some of the teams in the conference will never want to play them: UVA, GT, UNC, Duke. ALL of the teams in the conference will have an issue for what passes as acceptable fan behavior in Morgantown.

Fan behavior is definitely non-negotiable. Some say it's gotten better, IDK.

I went to the WVU vs NCSU in Morgantown last Sept. I had heard all the negative things about their fan base but I was completely blown away by their civility and hospitality. It was just one game....and WVU won....but before the game it felt like Clemson. "Thanks for coming" "Need a beer?" "Everyone being nice?" "Want some food" is all I heard. I hung out with several Eers and was really impressed.

They have a nice little downtown bar scene and a funny little monorail system to get to the stadium.

Again...one game....but just saying.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020 10:09 AM by YouPeople.)
04-21-2020 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Switching Up the ACC's Divisions - YouPeople - 04-21-2020 10:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.