Bookmark and Share
formerjmusprinter84 Offline
1st String

I Root For: James Madison
RE: National Championship JMU Versus NDSU January 11, 2020
(12-23-2019 10:43 AM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  
(12-23-2019 09:52 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(12-23-2019 09:09 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  
(12-23-2019 09:01 AM)Dukester Wrote:  I honestly feel confident about this game. I know many of you feel confident about every game and feel that NDSU on a string of 35 consecutive wins, including I think 7 of 8 NCs, isn't that great. Yeah right... 03-lmfao

But I think NDSU is that great, but I think we can go toe to toe and could be a hair better. It certainly seems we've improved more through the year.

I think our advantage is likely our receivers. I think both team have great offense lines, QBs, and running games. I'm not sure anyone can match our receivers in FCS.

When our defense has struggled it has been in coverage. They like to run. We like to stop the run. I think we have the advantage.

The key is to stick with Balance. If we take our receivers out of the game due to play calling, we eliminate what is the difference maker for us.

Usually you say the players on the field determine who wins the game. I think with a three year break and two new Head Coaches at the FCS NC coaching may be the difference maker.

For the majority of this season I would agree with that. However, our secondary has been really good lately. They had some really great plays breaking up the pass.

I agree that coaching may be the difference maker in this one. I'm not sold on Entz for them. I think the talent of his team has overshadowed his coaching. I think we match up with them when it comes to talent. I have a lot of confidence in Cignetti and this staff.
I expect to hear NDSU fans saying the same thing we said about the Elon game "We got out-coached."

We've not played a good QB lately. Even as a freshman, Trey Lance could be the best QB we have faced this year. He's run for over 1,000 yards, and has not thrown an interception all year. That is fricken amazing.........

ndsu hasn't even played a QB in 3 games. the last few weeks they played RB's playing QB basically. Neither ISU's nor MSU's could barely complete a pass.

when they faced a passing team like UC Davis earlier in the year, they were hit with 312 yards through the air.

they've given up 177 ypg on the ground in the last 8 games. that's a pretty decent sample size. If they can't stop the run, Ben will torch them. He'll be the best passing QB they've faced since UC Davis probably

Pretty sure that was the ISU quarterback's 4th start ever so their passing game was hit and miss and he almost beat them. DiNucci is going to have a field day.
12-23-2019 02:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: National Championship JMU Versus NDSU January 11, 2020 - formerjmusprinter84 - 12-23-2019 02:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.