TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: So proud to be American right now
(12-06-2019 04:59 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(12-06-2019 06:45 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(12-04-2019 07:48 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(12-04-2019 03:07 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(12-04-2019 02:55 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Flip your ammo crates and paper cases every six months. It keeps the powder from clumping which is the chief issue with firing stored ammo. Clumped powder doesn't ignite uniformly so you can get too much pressure or too little. Also the wooden crated Soviet and Chinese powder might still contain corrosive elements. So when you fire it clean your guns more thoroughly.

Thanks for the info. I haven't been the best about turning the crates, but I do put them on a vibrator before shooting when i crack open a new tin. The rounds are packaged in 25 count paper boxes inside the tins with wax paper between the five rows of five. They have a lubricant on them that has remained viscous and isn't tacky at all. I've always had to clean a bit more after shooting due to the lubricant and residue build-up in the barrel after about 100 rounds.

I bought 1000 rounds of some Russian made (I think) .308 FMJ rounds for target shooting that stinks to high heaven. What's up with that??
How long ago and from where? Try to make sure you get 'military surplus' if you can.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Like in any country Russian manufacturers differ in quality and individual consumers prefer different types

The Golden Tiger brand manufactured by Vympel is an outstanding value, dependable and it’s clean as a whistle. I prefer it over most economy American brands.

Thanks for the tip!
12-06-2019 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So proud to be American right now - TigerBlue4Ever - 12-06-2019 07:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.