Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Strong to be fired after War on I-4?
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
RE: Strong to be fired after War on I-4?
(11-25-2019 07:45 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(11-25-2019 06:32 PM)Sellular1 Wrote:  
(11-25-2019 05:27 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(11-25-2019 02:07 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  
(11-25-2019 02:00 PM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  So you're going to hire Randy Shannon?

If Strong is indeed fired, I would expect his name to come up.

USF is REALLY big about hiring coaches who are APR masters and run a clean program. Randy did that at one of the hardest schools to be clean. He got through the entire investigation without ANY indication he did anything wrong.

then, if you look at his record, he won there. Just not up to the level they wanted, and lets be honest... nobody in the past 20 years has really done well at Miami.... but he had a damn fine defensive line at UF and honestly, UCFs strongest aspect is their D.
He REALLY does well on making certain all the fundamentals are down. His players tackle well, play their assignments well and have phenominal gap coverage.

Some question if hes the best guy to lead a program, but not many question his ability as a DC.... so, ya, I think he gets looked at really hard.

I personally like the guy and he used to pull in premier players out of Miami. If we got the right OC and DC with him, held on to King as our QB coach and then brought in some USF alumni who have coaching experience, I think we could turn this around.

I think Shannon as HC and maybe Larry Scott as OC, keep Shaun King and move him to QB coach and bring Blackwell in to coach RBs, it could be a good combination. Even heard that the legend himself Matt Grothe is interested in coming to work at USF. Kid is a legend and Id love to see him on the sidelines.

Randy Shannon, no thank you. If we're going the retread route, I'd rather have Willie Taggart. He had things absolutely rolling on offense and overall. He handed the keys off to Strong, who promptly ran it into a ditch. And before you say it was all on Quinton Flowers and Marlon Mack, guess who recruited Flowers and Mack...Willie Taggart. And Tags would find us another QF and MM.

Why couldn’t he find FSU a QF or MM?

Because he literally just got there last year

TIL December 5, 2017 was "last year."

Rehiring Taggart would kill what little booster support we have. Gonzmart would never sign off on it.

USFFan
11-25-2019 09:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strong to be fired after War on I-4? - usffan - 11-25-2019 09:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.