Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Would it be possible to ever get Nippert to 50K?
Bookmark and Share
converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Would it be possible to ever get Nippert to 50K?
(10-05-2019 11:54 AM)calpersfatcat Wrote:  
(10-05-2019 10:26 AM)converrl Wrote:  These are all pipe dreams, but, as to your question...if the Bengals left, then PBS would need a tenant...there's your palace...no need to expand Nippert.

I'll also point out that it would shrink the tax base, so the $$ for such an expansion if the Bengals abandoned Cincy would be very hard to come by.

Oh...and Cincinnati would NEVER get another NFL franchise because of the small market.
This would make it even more unlikely that the Reds would stay long term because of shrinking revenue.

And if the Bearcats didn't get into the P5, your desires would effectively turn Cincinnati into Dayton.

But you could go see UC Baseball in Great American!

Hooray!!!

The Paul Brown Stadium experience sucks. If the Bearcats ever left Nippert, I would drop my season tickets and watch on TV. And I have had season tickets for years, including the Brian Kelly years, even though I lived in Southern California.

"Shrink the tax base" ??? Are you taking the position that 8 home games per year provide more economic opportunity than tearing it down and redeveloping 22 acres of riverfront space??? LOL !!!!!!!! Surely you are not making the argument that the payroll taxes of the Bengals organization and those businesses that support it, would be greater than 365 days of mixed use commercial/residential/retail employment/payroll taxes????

Are you also saying that having an NFL team somehow makes your city "relevant"??

Cincinnati loves The Reds.. People all over the country love the Reds.

So Cincinnati, minus pro sports, is Dayton?????????

You live in a very, very small world.

DL

Cincinnatians would live in a very very small world without pro sports. You forget that the fact that a city HAS pro sports attracts population, even if they don't attend games. There are also luxury taxes on visiting teams, and the potential for ancillary events, such as all-star games and political conventions...etc.

I find it absolutely laughable that the SAME people who leap up and down about how important revenue sports are to a University in terms of increasing enrollment and bringing in AD $$$ flippantly dismiss the SAME argument for a metropolitan area.

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth....it's one or the other...what works for the goose also works for the gander.

Go back and re-assess.

10-05-2019 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would it be possible to ever get Nippert to 50K? - converrl - 10-05-2019 01:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.