Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2019-2020 JMU MBB Season Predictions
Bookmark and Share
NC Tribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M, JMU
RE: 2019-2020 JMU MBB Season Predictions
(09-30-2019 02:29 PM)PGJMU2 Wrote:  
(09-30-2019 10:38 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  I have been wrong on the preseason predictions for 3 years in a row with Louis Rowe as head coach. Unfortunately, I was too optimistic for each season compared to the terrible results.
Perhaps this year is the year.

The biggest consideration is how depleted the CAA is this year. Check out these numbers
Number of players lost from last year's All-CAA teams:
CAA 1st team - lost 4
CAA 2nd team - lost 3
CAA 3rd team - lost 3
CAA Rookie team - lost 2

Additionally, look at the key transfers that left programs and were in line to be the next All-CAA players.
UNCW lost Cylla to Arkansas
Drexel lost Demir to Minnesota
Delaware lost Horton to Pitt
NE lost Gresham to Georgia and Occeus looked at Ohio St, but will probably go pro.
W&M lost Pierce to UNC, Audige to Northwestern, and Milon to UCF
Elon lost Swoope to Sam Houston St.
JMU lost Jones to DII 07-coffee3
There are probably more transfers, but those are the most impactful.

There is a huge talent drain from the CAA to power conferences.
Because of that JMU should move up in the standings and compete for a title. The league is a jumbled mess and it is up for grabs. Not even sure who the favorite might be, maybe Hofstra.

I will go with 20-9 regular season (12-6 CAA) 2-1 in the CAA tourney

At the end of last year I thought Louis Rowe should have been fired. When he wasn't, I thought he would have to win either the regular season or the CAA tourney to avoid getting fired this year. Looking at it closer, I think he needs to win the CAA tourney. Pass or fail.

A regular season title won't cut it. The previous coach was fired one year after tying for 1st in the regular season. The previous coach was fired 3 years after winning the CAA tourney and winning a First Four game in the NCAA tourney.
4 years with no NCAA visit would have to be the end for Rowe since Bourne has already established that his expectations were to get better results than the previous coach.

A CAA tournament title would be a great comeback story and everyone love's comeback stories.

in the words of John McEnroe, "you cant be serious!"

win the regular season, lose in the final, have all 5 starters coming back and that is not enough for you? yeah, ok buddy. blow it up with our best chance to go to the NCAA since 2012? havent you learned anything from the W&M debacle? Letting Lou go with those results would be dumber than move made by Samantha Huge.

but have it.

I don't think anything cold be dumber than the moves by Samantha Huge
10-01-2019 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019-2020 JMU MBB Season Predictions - NC Tribe - 10-01-2019 02:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.