Corporate CEOs and Fortune endorse facism
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Corporate CEOs and Fortune endorse facism
(08-22-2019 12:18 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(08-22-2019 12:02 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(08-22-2019 08:42 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(08-20-2019 06:39 PM)JRsec Wrote:  I perceive you as still having kids at home. I have grown grandchildren.

Don't disagree with the 'too big' comment.

Just for clarity on the above... My kids are out of the house but under 30... so I guess I'm in between you and where you think I was lol

(08-21-2019 07:49 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(08-21-2019 03:11 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  But is it about pushing social change, or about maximizing shareholder value by realizing that there are a number of consumers who would leave them if they didn't do this?

It sounds more the former than the latter.

A bunch of arrogant holier than thou CEOs, elected by noone trying to make public policy and using shareholder $$s to do it.

Anyone who has ever been in middle management knows that American companies generally succeed in spite of their CEOs, not because of them.

But that was precisely my point. Locally, they have to deal with real people. At the top, they can engage in rhetoric.

If they don't represent you, don't invest in them. That's precisely what the left is doing and it's not wrong. Protests and badgering patrons is, but deciding to 'Buy American' or 'Shop Local' or whatever is perfectly fine and should be celebrated as an expression of free will.

If this was a bunch of local mom and pops that would be different. We're talking about the largest corporations in the country not just doing it on their own, but collaborating on it. And many of those companies are pushing the CEOs politics on their workforce. If we have a bunch of Googles, we no longer have freedom of expression or political freedom in this country.

This statement was not about Diversity and Inclusion. They all already do that. Its about the political side.

I don't think anyone really read my post on the first page, but I probably shouldn't have started it with the quote from Sun Tzu. The issue here Bullet is even larger than what you are trying to say. These aren't just national corporations, they are international corporations which are seeking to impose their views on the world, not just the U.S.. That's what Globalism is all about. And they aren't just trying to reshape our views in the United States, they are trying to make us subservient to their ends and see our existing law and culture as an impediment to their objectives. And until we get their money out of the PACs, out of lobbying, and make them subservient to the laws and treaties of this country we will continue to lose this fight.

And the left isn't wholly to blame. This beast was suckled by H.W. Bush, advanced by Clinton, and became radicalized under Obama all of whom they supported. It is the reason behind the relentless assault on Trump. He's not one of them, is uniquely positioned to know what they are and what they are about, and refuses to be controlled by them. So Ryan and McCain and others exposed themselves by siding the Democrats against Trump, but all of them are obliged to these entities.

Again, it's no accident that the Bush's, Clinton's and Obama's are chummy.

This article is about Bernie being so angry he's stupid. But it echoes some of your points about education.

https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/bernie-a...ou-stupid/
"In case you missed it, or are exclusively a reader of the New York Times, late last week Bernie Sanders tweeted this nugget: "Fossil fuel executives should be criminally prosecuted for the destruction they have knowingly caused."

No, that wasn't The Onion or The Babylon Bee. It was the real deal. The always-furious Vermont senator wants to incarcerate the very people who are responsible for keeping the lights on and the air conditioners running in the operating rooms of almost every hospital, not only in America but across the globe....

Not that any of this disturbed Bernie, who, as is well known, celebrated his marriage in the Soviet Union, a land he clearly preferred to the USA. The problem with all this is that Sanders remains popular with student and millennial audiences that are, given the nature of our educational system, primed to be loyal citizens of a future Animal Farm, in fact already are."
08-25-2019 09:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Corporate CEOs and Fortune endorse facism - bullet - 08-25-2019 09:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.