Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who would you add if the MAC lost a school?
Bookmark and Share
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: Who would you add if the MAC lost a school?
(07-22-2019 10:32 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(07-22-2019 09:00 PM)BruceMcF Wrote:  
(07-22-2019 07:57 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  
(07-22-2019 07:50 AM)Schadenfreude Wrote:  
(07-21-2019 04:42 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  Youngstown St

Hard pass. The last thing this league needs is another Ohio university.

Is Cleveland saying Western Kentucky was considered in the 1997 expansion but Eastern Michigan blocked it? I never heard any of that.

The premise is that the MAC lost a school, which would probably be Kent, so YSU would be a worthy replacement but I would still prefer Marshall for the bad blood rivalries.

Probably be Kent? Based on what? With 29,000 students on the main campus, Kent is certainly not going to be forced out of FBS, and with Kent's football performance it's certainly not going to get an invite to a raided AAC ... rather then being the most likely to leave, it seems like one of the schools least likely to leave.

Kent seems the least prominent in football and most likely to cut football to focus on their other very good sports teams. I could def see Kent going the way of a Wichita State and funding the heck out of basketball, golf, baseball etc. The football culture just isn't there as of 2019. They are improving in football... But their coaches all bolt after flash in a pan... It's not that Kent isn't good enough for the MAC, it's that they could have better options taking football out of the equation. Ball State and EMU are the only schools more likely to leave and that would be for funding reasons. This is all moot though. No one is leaving the safest, most stable league in FBS.

I have to agree with Bruce on this one. Kent is too large of a school to give up on FBS even if it means rare bowl appearances.
07-22-2019 11:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who would you add if the MAC lost a school? - Kit-Cat - 07-22-2019 11:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.