Usajags Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Conference USA proves again that it’s a failing model
(12-06-2017 05:27 PM)Green Menace Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 02:08 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 12:07 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 10:55 AM)AppManDG Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 01:18 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Being much more regional conference won’t magically fix our attendance. It will bump it some, but I doubt more than 10%. The average fan might gain one game in a drivable distance.

MapQuest mileage from Boone
Troy 8 hrs vs Charlotte 2 hrs
A State 10 hrs vs Marshall 5 hrs
USA 10 hrs vs MTSU 6 hrs
ULM 12 hrs vs ODU 6 hrs
Louisiana 14 hrs vs WKU 6 1/2 hrs
Texas State 19 hrs vs UAB 7 hrs
Coastal 5 hrs
Ga St 5 hrs
Ga So 6 hrs

All schools within a 7 hour drive. Yea, that would help attendance.

I'm not sure it would really. How many of those schools have large traveling fan bases to begin with?

Maybe in a good year a decent group makes the trip, but at 7 hours you're still knocking out a lot of fans. There are a few that have the money and time to travel long distances for away games, but most, unless its a day trip, save their travel for one game a year. (In most SBC cases, the bowl)

I’m not seeing it either. Like I said, I’ll give you one short trip, but 5-7 hrs is still hard on a lot of fans. The newness wears off quickly.

Wait a minute! On another thread, discussing Troy bringing more fans to the NO Bowl by a troy fan, I mentioned it was an 8+ hour drive from Denton to New Orleans. Troy fan said that was just an excuse(not to have as many UNT fans as Troy fans).

Now a 5-7 trip in this thread is hard on SBC fans talking about conference realignment???01-wingedeagle

He was talking about week in, week out normal conference games. Everyone makes exceptions for a big out of conference(P5) game or bowl game.
12-06-2017 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conference USA proves again that it’s a failing model - Usajags - 12-06-2017 05:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.