Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU's Season Opener Moved from ESPN3 to ODU's Network
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: EMU's Season Opener Moved from ESPN3 to ODU's Network
(08-31-2015 05:35 PM)2Intense Wrote:  I read that deal was agreed last week and they are only awaiting station clearances to revise the game time.

Funny how the visiting team is way out in front of the host team...

Local news, updated game schedule info on website...

etc.

Not really. I've known both fmr SID, Streeter and current SID, Steiner, for many years.

They do NOT put anything UP until it is official. Period.

A newspaper can say, "The game has been moved from ESPN3 to ASN and game time changed pending final approvals and clearance by ASN, MAC, etc." (this is kind of a hypothetical).

EMU sports info will announce something after the contractual elements are finalized.

They won't put out a statement like 'subject to approval by ASN and the MAC office...'.

The time and television arrangements will not be changed until the new arrangements have the approvals of all concerned, e.g., ODU, ESPN, ASN, EMU, etc.

And as mentioned, I doubt the approval from ASN wouldn't be given until they have the clearances until the individual networks have done their clearances (and there could be many television networks involved. Say ten.).

Sports television is big business, not mom and pop.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 10:29 AM by emu steve.)
09-01-2015 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EMU's Season Opener Moved from ESPN3 to ODU's Network - emu steve - 09-01-2015 10:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.