Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will a 12th team be added this spring?
Bookmark and Share
MJG Offline
1st String

I Root For: U I , UMich, SC
RE: Will a 12th team be added this spring?
(04-18-2015 05:32 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  
(04-17-2015 10:20 PM)MJG Wrote:  The biggest source of league revenue is the CFP money with the terrible TV deal.

A travel partner for APP is needed to save money.
The playoff money is capped at twelve but the payout is per team.
So having less than twelve for football cost the conference a million plus.

So this is what I would do if I was running the Belt.

Find an Olympic sports partner for APP close to Charlotte or at least close to APP.

Pick up UMass for football only
Pay all three football only members half shares of the CFP.
Split the share and a half withe the nine full members should be about two million.
Everyone keeps their APR money of course.
Give the football only members a four year revolving contract.

Down the line if JMU ,MSU and UTC or Coastal has built up to an FBS level then add full members.Helps exposure turns the heat up on expansion candidates increases exposure in unlikely places.
How fast would Coastal be able to make the jump to FBS? As there has been no formal announcement from Coastal, and EKU, JMU and Liberty have, what time frame is needed for Coastal to meet the requirements for facilities and teams? I know their FB attendance would have to double to meet the 15k minimum.
They have brand new baseball ,basketball ,softball and tennis facilities.
The stadium was designed to easily expand to twenty thousand .
Attendance was pretty good last year and they are addressing their parking problem.
Their baseball ,golf ,soccer and football teams are ranked a lot.
Money could make it happen pretty quick but probably five plus years.
Liberty has great facilities and is ready now you guys will probably even have varsity hockey.I only listed Coastal as a future candidate.

Having less than twelve for football leaves CFP money on the table.
U Mass could solve that without making a permanent move that turns out to be a mistake.
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2015 06:27 PM by MJG.)
04-18-2015 06:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will a 12th team be added this spring? - MJG - 04-18-2015 06:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.