Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Another Terry Mohajir quote on the G5
Bookmark and Share
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Another Terry Mohajir quote on the G5
(04-09-2015 12:09 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 10:52 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  It might be crazy, but AState and the Cajuns are sort of super glued together. Tech has no desire to play in a league with another Louisiana school, and AState has been very public in our belief that the SBC is a better league than CUSA. Too much risk involved to try and push one. Tech might go nuts if you went behind their backs for the Cajuns, and AState has been very hard to predict recently in terms of what we'll do or say, and probably not on the top list of destinations for the ODU led East.

South Alabama satisfies the East's desire for less travel, and is close enough to the West that it's not some over encumbering trip.

I'm going to go with crazy. 02-13-banana

AState will make any move that makes financial sense or if there is an advantage in it. The closest CUSA is basically the same drive as the closest Sun Belt football school. Our neighbors down US49 would be appealing, but would AState shell out $3 million to join CUSA not knowing what the next TV deal is for CUSA? That would be a hard sell.

I don't in any way think AState and UL are joined other than that we share common vision and goals about the direction of athletics and share similar concerns about what teams may be added.

Am I skeptical that La.Tech would support UL? Absolutely. They share primary recruiting area. They both are trying to get support in overlapping areas, they have radio stations in the same markets. I can totally see them walking out of a CUSA meeting having cast a vote for the Cajuns after lobbying everyone to vote against them.

USA doesn't address what CUSA East seems to want (a Virginia school) but they aren't much worse than UAB for most of them to reach and they are actually a bit easier to reach for most of the West. They keep CUSA in Alabama.

Agree!04-rock
04-13-2015 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Terry Mohajir quote on the G5 - CrazyCajun - 04-13-2015 02:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.