Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the ACC who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the ACC who should we take and why?
(07-29-2022 09:29 AM)GarnetAndBlue Wrote:  
(07-29-2022 08:55 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-29-2022 08:42 AM)GarnetAndBlue Wrote:  
(07-29-2022 06:50 AM)JRsec Wrote:  I'm thinking ESPN should buy the B12 rights out.

Then merge these ACC schools with the SEC:

Deep South Protection: Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami

Market & Brand Adds: North Carolina, Virginia/Virginia Tech, N.C. State/Duke, Notre Dame or Kansas/Louisville.

If the Irish are, as rumored, encouraging the B1G to take TCU (a school not remotely within B1G metrics) then they are worried about having no access to heavy recruiting grounds outside of Los Angeles and are making a demand with which to break a deal and not make one.

That means they are weighing exposure in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas against Los Angeles and realizing the limits the Big Ten will impose upon their pipelines.

If the SEC takes the 4 Deep South schools, we effectively slam the door on Warren's large metro game plan: Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Miami, and that would mean DFW would be too little too late and with too much controversy. And if Notre Dame can be flipped the party's over anyway!

ESPN should then merge the remaining ACC schools with the Big 12 and pickup the 4 Corners schools. That's 23 leaving room for San Diego State or South Florida.

Great thoughts. Why doesn't ND just then go to the SEC? It allows for both differentiation from its B1G geographic brothers and huge pipes to all points south. Do the USC, MSU, etc rivalries trump those benefits...and perhaps they could keep playing those games. Even if not...worth considering.

There is another interesting angle which could be stabilizing to a degree. Should N.D. join the SEC, and with Kansas, profitability for the B1G to expand beyond Washington & Stanford/Oregon would no longer be possible.

We could see the Big 10 and SEC stop at 18.

The ACC could profit from TCU's market, Baylor's all sports competitiveness, Oklahoma States overall strength, Iowa State's support, Cincinnati's market and WVU's competitiveness. You could move to 20 and actually build revenue and wait.

The PAC would slip into a pre WWII configuration and we would essentially have 3 P conferences and a tweener out West.

Interesting. That scenario would probably spell the end of my college sports watching days, as I'd assume the revenue disparity for the ACC would continue to be a huge long-term problem for my alma mater (FSU). This re-alignment fun is my last spectator sports stand, of sorts.

I see the SEC, Big Ten, AND the Big 12 working together to break up the ACC GOR—assuming that is possible.

Let’s assume Notre Dame stays independent. If the ACC folds, only the Big 12 would consider giving them partial membership status.

Let’s see who grabs what:
SEC: FSU, Clem, UVA, UNC, Duke, VT and two Big 12 schools
B1G: Oregon, Wash, Stanford, Georgia Tech.
Big 12: Az, ASU, Utah, ND*, Syracuse, Louisville, NC St, Miami

ACC left with BC, Pitt, WF
PAC left with Cal, OSU, WSU.
07-29-2022 11:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: - Transic_nyc - 05-05-2020, 09:48 PM
ok - Transic_nyc - 05-06-2020, 12:30 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 05-13-2020, 11:50 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 05-14-2020, 02:00 AM
RE: If the SEC did expand again and did so from the ACC who should we take and why? - murrdcu - 07-29-2022 11:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.