Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SEC did expand again and did so from the ACC who should we take and why?
Bookmark and Share
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
If the SEC did expand again and did so from the ACC who should we take and why?
Given the potential gap in earnings between an SEC w/network and an ACC wo/network perhaps it is time we gave equal consideration to growth from our neighbor and fellow ESPN property. So who do you think the SEC should pursue, how should we pursue them, and what contingencies do you foresee?

Of course I follow the popular sentiment that the SEC should seek schools from North Carolina and Virginia. So should the ACC expand by adding 3 from the Big 12 and the SEC could grow to 16 from the ACC by consent of the two conferences and the network then I would very much be in favor of the ACC taking Texas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State and N.C. State and Virginia Tech coming over the the SEC so that the ACC lost no footprint, while gaining 29 million more potential viewers. I still believe that would be a huge win win for ESPN and I believe for both conferences. The two could mirror each other for rivalries and yet would contain arguably the best football talent and at least equal basketball talent to any other conference. The LHN could be morphed into an ACCN and the income gap closed.

Then the two conferences might look like this:
SEC: Kentucky, N.C. State, South Carolina, Virginia Tech
Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Vanderbilt
Alabama, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Tennessee
Arkansas, L.S.U., Missouri, Texas A&M

ACC: Miami, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas
Boston College, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Syracuse
Duke, North Carolina, Virginia, Wake Forest
Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest
*Notre Dame

But, should the Big 10 refuse to cooperate by taking Kansas and another and the PAC decide to stand pat then this workaround could only happen at the end of the GOR. Otherwise the SEC and ACC would both have to move to 18 to take enough Big 12 schools to end the GOR. In that case Oklahoma State and Kansas State/Baylor/West Virginia to the SEC with Kansas/Kansas State/Baylor/WVU and Iowa State to the ACC in addition to the previous schools named would still get it done.

Each conference could then have 3 divisions of 6 with a wild card in the Conference Championship Series.

The SEC might look something like this:
Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana State, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M

Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Mississippi State

Kentucky, N.C. State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech

The ACC might look something like this:
Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech

Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Miami, Wake Forest

Boston College, Duke, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Virginia, West Virginia

*Notre Dame

Now I don't know about you guys but those are two very solid conferences.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2014 02:52 AM by JRsec.)
08-10-2014 07:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
If the SEC did expand again and did so from the ACC who should we take and why? - JRsec - 08-10-2014 07:38 PM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 05-05-2020, 09:48 PM
ok - Transic_nyc - 05-06-2020, 12:30 AM
RE: - Transic_nyc - 05-13-2020, 11:50 PM
RE: If ... - Transic_nyc - 05-14-2020, 02:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.