Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Name for Georgia Southern-App. State game?
Bookmark and Share
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
RE: Name for Georgia Southern-App. State game?
I like the Black and Blue bowl, have said that on here before. No reason that we as fans can't spread that through social media (and regular social contact) to see if it catches on and spreads. As far as a trophy/memento to be given to the winner, it almost needs to happen organically or it will just be kind of lame. For instance, I like the teacher's paddle idea, it references the educational heritage of both schools, would be easy to engrave with the score and winner each year, double meaning about "giving a whoopin," etc. But to have a brand new item such as this, and then "distress" it to make it look older, and kind of create the story would just be crappy to me. If it happened naturally, like a retired schoolteacher from one of our schools (even better if it was a husband and wife, one from each school, but that probably doesn't even exist) had their ACTUAL paddle from back in the day, that was aged and distressed naturally, and gave it to the coach of the winning team after a game as a token, then that coach has the idea to hand it off to the other team if they lose the following year, and thus the tradition begins. If a scenario like that played out, I would see it as a neat thing and worthy of continuing. If it is just created as a marketing/branding thing, then it seems hollow. Just my .02.

edit: maybe there is an App alum who spent their teaching career in this area or vice versa...then they could take the place of my hypothetical married couple :)
06-09-2014 08:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Name for Georgia Southern-App. State game? - boroeagle2 - 06-09-2014 08:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.