Heisman

I Root For: WKU
RE: Meanwhile EKU continues with what they need to do
]
(04-16-2014 02:26 PM)EKUSteve Wrote:  
(04-16-2014 02:18 PM)Libertygrad01 Wrote:  
(04-16-2014 01:44 PM)EKUSteve Wrote:  
(04-16-2014 01:28 PM)eku50 Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 11:43 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  Could an EKU fans post some pics of there facilities.

Attached are McBrayer Arena and Roy Kidd Stadium. Both getting upgrades.

Here is the link to the Facilities page of EKUSports:

http://www.ekusports.com/sports/2013/12/...spx?&tab=7
Understand I have no ax to grind with EKU. I lived in the area for 11 years and know many alumni. Great police training academy there. With that said, EKU is miles away from moving to FBS. The first hurdle is getting funding for major upgrades through the KY legislators in Frankfort. In the commonwealth of KY, UofL and UK are the darlings of the state. UK wants to upgrade Rupp arena and the state just voted no to allow bonds to be sold to help pay those upgrades. Many state schools are being asked to cut spending. EKU needs some major upgrades to facilities that would run in the 30-50 million dollar range. The football stadium looks nice in the pic you see, but it's basically a one sided stadium with metal bleachers on the other side. Unless private donors step to the plate in a HUGE way EKU will struggle to make the necessary upgrades. We've not even discussed title IX compliance and having to add the extra scholarships. Like I said, I like EKU, but knowing some of the inner workings of the political system there it's going to be a major uphill battle. I don't see UK being thrilled about adding another FBS school 20 miles away and that won't make it any easier to transition either. What do some of the EKU posters think? I'm not stirring the pot, but would seriously like to know their opinions.

Understand. There was a link earlier put in one of the threads where the school president already laid out the strategy. Showed what it would cost for the additional football scholarships as well as the same number of women's scholarships. Yes, it is one sided right now. The plan is to build a new stadium structure on the side the bleachers are on. WKU was the same when they made the move.Funding wise from the state, we got approval for $15 million in bonding from the state and the school is already working on obtaining at least that much more in private funding.

Here is the link to the Forum on Athletics that occurred two weeks ago.

http://president.eku.edu/insidelook/forum-athletics

Slides are on a .pdf on the same page.

Yea and took us 10 years before we were truly ready and we had a conf. waiting to join....Seems to me EKU is much worse off to make a move the next 4 or 5 years as WKU fans have stated over and over again...
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2014 02:31 PM by WKUFan518.)
04-16-2014 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meanwhile EKU continues with what they need to do - WKUFan518 - 04-16-2014 02:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.