Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will Arkansas State at WKU decide ...
Bookmark and Share
WErLOUISIANA Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: CAJUNS
RE: Will Arkansas State at WKU decide ...
(11-24-2013 05:35 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(11-24-2013 01:09 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(11-24-2013 10:51 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  
(11-24-2013 10:17 AM)gostAte870 Wrote:  If it's true that NIU may not be going to Mobile, then give that bowl to WKU to face another MAC opponent, as long as it's certain that A-State is getting the Independence Bowl. Doesn't sound like UL would mind playing in New Orleans again.

Hold the phone bud.. Lots and lots of things happening in Martin Hall right now.. negotiations all over the place.. HUD will more than likely have the final say so.. Lets see what happens in the Egg bowl Thursday night and revisit Friday morning..

Z

Egg Bowl is irrelevant to Shreveport unless the SEC gets only one in the BCS and that's unlikely.

If NIU prefers playing a 5 loss Boise State then I think you can scratch the Cajuns from Mobile.

If Shreveport ends up being in play I think the factors become:
1. Opponent for New Orleans. If CUSA is sending MTSU or FAU or Marshall, Cajuns probably say meh and head north. If CUSA is sending Tulane or Rice the Cajuns will find it too tempting to face a school from the I-10 recruiting corridor.
2. Hud's future. If this is his year to cash in playing in New Orleans makes better sense. It's early enough in the cycle that he can finish out with the team. That becomes less likely the further out you go into bowl season. First rule of picking a bowl pool is pick against teams losing their coach.

1.) Go Daddy is out for UL period without NIU.
2.) NO Bowl will not excite Hudspeth are Cajun fans if it is not Marshall, Rice or Tulane. FAU and MTSU are not sellers in Lafayette. But it may be the only sure invitation on the table Nov. 30th.
3.) The Independence Bowl needs to address several questions...Would the ACC accept a Sun Belt opponent?......what are the willing to compensate UL or ASU for that matter?....Will they be ready to extend in invitation by Nov. 30th.?
I agree. I will be very disappointed if we play FAU or MTSU in the New Orleans Bowl. Marshall in the NOB would be a nice match-up. I also agree that there is no way the we go to Mobile to play any MAC opponent other than an undefeated NIU. Too many variables to speculate on the Independence Bowl just yet.
11-25-2013 07:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Arkansas State at WKU decide ... - WErLOUISIANA - 11-25-2013 07:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.