Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Realignment End Game Scenarios:
Bookmark and Share
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: Realignment End Game Scenarios:
(08-18-2013 07:07 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(08-18-2013 05:50 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  Sort of, because like I mentioned the OK schools are basically defacto TX schools because TX is where they do the lion share of their recruiting and they sell recruits and their families on playing a lot of their games in the state of Texas

If a compromise was truly needed and we had to take a B12 team who isn't KU and or WVU, then I would support taking one of the DFW privates since they are low risk to A&M while still firmly planting the SEC flag in DFW (ie the same big prize taking an OK school offers)

I can absolutely see where you are coming with taking one of the privates instead but I actually think they are a bigger risk to you in the SEC then they are in the current Big 12. In the Big 12 they are heavily shadowed.

Also, as an Aggie, I understand that this may be hard to admit but you do realize that any of this happening depends on Texas receiving first satisfaction right? Their landing spot has to be figured out first. If it is the ACC then you have to take into account both Texas's viewpoint and the ACC's. Are they going to prefer one of the Oklahoma's? Between them and Texas, it just seems to me like the two privates are the compromise between the two of them. Of course that is simply my opinion and nothing more.

Once the Texas situation is figured out then you just go down the line in importance.

In fact you could say that after the last round of moves the question really to be answered was where are Notre Dame and Texas going to go? We got half of that answer and now when Texas decides the dividing up of the rest will be fairly simple. Oklahoma will have a say where they go but they are clearly the next big prize left on the board after Texas. After that it is merely a matter of finding some value and a willingness to accommodate that will decide placement.

The ACC has theirs in Notre Dame. The Big 10 might be getting Kansas. So maybe Texas goes to the PAC with T.C.U. and Texas Tech and the SEC gets Oklahoma. I just don't think there will be movement here unless the remaining money teams get divided up. We'll see.
08-18-2013 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Realignment End Game Scenarios: - JRsec - 08-12-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: Realignment End Game Scenarios: - JRsec - 08-18-2013 07:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.