Tim Pernetti out as Rutgers AD
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
RE: Tim Pernetti out as Rutgers AD
(04-05-2013 01:42 PM)Wedge Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 01:07 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 12:55 PM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 12:05 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  http://www.scarletknights.com/news/relea...prID=13052

Here's Pernetii's Letter of Resignation

Quote:As you know, my first instincts when I saw the videotape of Coach Rice's behavior was to fire him immediately. However, Rutgers decided to follow a process involving university lawyers, human resources professionals, and outside counsel. Following review of the independent investigative report, the consensus was that university policy would not justify dismissal. I have admitted my role in, and regret for, that decision, and wish that I had the opportunity to go back and override it for the sake of everyone involved.

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy the "I couldn't fire him" line. What has changed legally between December and now that Rice could be fired now, but not then?

Nothing did. Tim Pernetti is making sure that if he goes down, others with more authority than him do as well. He's trying to pull Rutgers' university lawyers, HR Dept., and dear Prez. Barchi under the bus where he himself was thrown.

Good for him, although I suspect it will be some of legal and not Barchi who go down on this one.

He definitely tossed a grenade on his way out the door.

Can't blame Pernetti for thinking that he shouldn't be the only one thrown under the bus, but his own lapse of judgment was pretty bad.

I agree, but if there's any truth to his portrayal of RU's system in how he couldn't fire Rice, Pernetti's final payment from Rutgers may be its most generous.

"I wanted to fire him, but Rutgers said I couldn't?" Easily an eight-digit settlement figure if he goes that route.
04-05-2013 02:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tim Pernetti out as Rutgers AD - RMSko - 04-06-2013, 07:36 AM
RE: Tim Pernetti out as Rutgers AD - AntiG - 04-05-2013, 10:21 AM
RE: Tim Pernetti out as Rutgers AD - RMSko - 04-05-2013, 11:11 AM
RE: Tim Pernetti out as Rutgers AD - Vewb1 - 04-05-2013, 03:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.