Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UIC, Loyola, UMKC, Valpo finalists for MVC Creighton slot
SubGod22 Offline
Average Joe

I Root For: Wichita
RE: UIC, Loyola, UMKC, Valpo finalists for MVC Creighton slot
(04-02-2013 06:53 PM)NoDak Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 03:22 PM)SubGod22 Wrote:  Fair enough. And I'll say that I don't follow the A10 closely. But I'd put Bradley as a whole on par with any of the others outside of VCU. I also believe Illinois State is in that realm as is UNI. We definitely lack markets as I believe Wichita is the largest, but that shouldn't be the driving force for the MVC.

If it's true that Denver was pushed out because of a demand to add sports, shame on the MVC. They would have been a great addition. I still wish Arlington would have been looked into. They have kind of followed a Denver like approach in investment and improvement. They also put you in a good market and are much better than those being considered on the court.

I've pretty much convinced myself that any addition at this point is going to suck on just about every possible level. Which is why I'm hoping we have an opportunity to land elsewhere.

Doug Elgin is an idiot.

The former and current MVC Presidents have more to do with the MVC's predicaments than Elgin ever did. Look at Evansville, Drake, and SIU. If it's true that SIU is having athletic funding issues, the MVC has a lot of internal issues that need to be addressed.

Hope that the Shockers can get an invite to the CTBA and restore their rivalry with Tulsa.

They defintely share in the blame, but Elgin has never struck me as a risk taker or true leader. Perhaps the presidents make him that way, I don't know.

Financial issues are definitely an issue at a number of our schools. SIU overpayed for a coach that destroyed their program and now that coach is taking them to court for payment. Evansville and Indiana State can't spend much more than they already are. MSU has had its financial issues. There's been talk that UNI is stretched thin. Drake...is Drake. Bradley is the only other school I feel fairly confident about financially. Illinois State may be okay, I have no idea.

Which is another reason I'm not big on most of the schools being talked about for addition. Almost every one of them are small schools with small budgets.

It'd be great if this Final Four run could get us in with one of the other conferences, but I'm not holding my breath.
04-03-2013 09:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UIC, Loyola, UMKC, Valpo finalists for MVC Creighton slot - SubGod22 - 04-03-2013 09:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.