Toppers
Warhawks
[Show Results]

Best shot at making their first bowl?
Bookmark and Share
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
RE: Best shot at making their first bowl?
(06-24-2011 02:21 PM)AstroCajun Wrote:  
(06-24-2011 11:46 AM)MG61 Wrote:  Is there any reason that Belt fans should really care about what Tech folks think ?

I find this statement odd coming from the poster who easily starts the most WACy/Tech threads.

And for the record, I agree with Z and T's assessments.

Too deep a hole, to little coaching to overcome it. And I'll reiterate, coaching alone easily cost ULM a couple of games last year. They won last year despite the coaching, not because of it.

If coaching were solid at ULM, they wouldn't have been beaten by a crippled up, Bustle coached Cajuns team when a bowl trip was on the line.

If they couldn't do it in 2010, what makes everyone so sure they'll get it done this year particularly with one of the most horribly front loaded schedules in the conference AND having to go to Troy?

And ya'll conviently forget that that was a very young team that was also injured and beat up.....QB with a broken foot, patchwork O line that was mostly Freshmen and Sophomores. Not making excuses, ya'll won and that third quarter was escpecially brutal and my hat's off to your team for controlling the clock the way you did.

But you all make it seem that we are going to regress and I will have to disagree. Yep, we had some balls bounce our way and pulled out some close ones. Also had the ball bounce other people's way and lost some close ones. Couple of plays here or there and ULM was 7-5. Couple plays here or there and ULM is 3-9. Heck, a couple of plays here or there and FIU wins 8 or wins 4. WKU could have had a couple more wins last year if their QB hadn't made a terrible throw against ULM of if they hadn't fumbled at the goal line and let Middle Tenn take it back 99 yards. That is why we play the games.

ULM has most every starter back. Most are soph or juniors. A full year in the new offense. A full year in the conditioning program. A full year of playing the game with the same teammates. Should they be the most improved team...based on that, one would think. Will they be? Well, we will see when the hit the field. Yes, ULM has a brutal OOC schedule and will probably go 1-3. Yes, we go to Troy. But remember, these will be the same players that beat Troy last year so they don't have a monkey on their back with that. I personally think ULM will be in the hunt for the SBC championship and I predict a 7-5 record (6-2 in conference).

Remember the old saying, opinions are like _______, everyone has one and they usually stink!! 03-lmfao We are all entitled.

Ya'll have a good weekend...I know I plan on drinking lots of beer.
06-24-2011 03:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best shot at making their first bowl? - InjunJohn - 06-24-2011 03:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.