FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America

Monday, 14 Feb 2011 06:47 PM

By Ronald Kessler

The probability that the U.S. will be hit with a weapons of mass destruction attack at some point is 100 percent, Dr. Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate, tells Newsmax.

Such an attack could be launched by foreign terrorists, lone wolves who are terrorists, or even by criminal elements, Majidi says. It would most likely employ chemical, biological, or radiological weapons rather than a nuclear device.

-------------------------------------------------

Peter King: US Can Block WMD Attack on Homeland

Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 09:09 AM

By Henry J. Reske and Ashley Martella

House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Peter King tells Newsmax.TV he is optimistic that the United States can thwart any terrorist attempt to use a weapon of mass destruction within the country.

The Long Island Republican was commenting on a Newsmax report setting the probability of such an attempted attack at 100 percent. The estimate came from Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate.

“I would say it’s at least 100 percent that it’s going to be attempted,” King agreed during a separate, exclusive Newsmax.TV interview. “Terrorists, al-Qaida in particular, Islamic terrorists, certainly they targeted the U.S. , certainly we know that they want to use a weapon of mass destruction, at the very least a dirty bomb, so no we have to be on our guard continually for it.

“I’m being optimistic to the extent that I’m saying that if we do everything we can and if we don’t tie our hands behind our back we could well be able to stop it. There’s no guarantee, the only guarantee I can give you is they will try it. But I want to do all I can to make sure it doesn’t happen. I don’t want to be overly negative right now but I am concerned.”

Read more on Newsmax.com
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2011 01:32 AM by SumOfAllFears.)
02-16-2011 01:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack - SumOfAllFears - 02-16-2011 01:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.