Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

chucktown II
Bookmark and Share
Proff Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW
chucktown II
Looks like most are not giving us a chance this week against chucktown this week. We are given about an 18% of winning. We just need to keep posting wins (yea, I know - good ol' Captain Obvious). Big game for us as well as them.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
02-06-2023 10:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
RE: chucktown II
Same game notes as last time.

Hit the defensive boards and get out on the break if the numbers are there, get back on defense to stop quick transition points, defend the three. We have to take away the things that make CofC go on offense if we want to beat them. And the number one aspect of their offense is offensive rebounds. Make them as close to one and done on offense and you can shut down their offensive strategy. They aren't a great three point shooting team, but offensive rebounding allows them to shoot volume from three. Chattanooga and UNCW are the only teams that outrebounded them this season and both of those were only by +2.

On offense last game we did a really good job with Kelly, Tra and JT getting into the paint scoring, drawing fouls or kicking out for the three. It was the first game MHH really came alive on offense big time. Only 16 of our 56 shots were from three but we were 6-16 from the arc for 37.5%. We had four guys in double figures, with Tra and JT scoring 16 points, but nobody else scored more than four points. Shy had four, Farrar had four, Ross and Newby had two each. If we can get 5-6 points from from all of them, plus EVH coming in and scoring, we should be able to hang on offense, I also think Newby keeps up his aggressiveness on offense and gets into double figures, and EVH does as well.

My biggest concern is Bolon. He's the heart and soul of their team and really cranks up their energy, especially in front of a home crowd. Last time out Noah Ross defended Bolon and was able to keep him in check on the boards, limit his scoring and matched his intensity. Bolon muscled MHH in the paint when he came in for Ross. And without Ross I could see CofC feeding the ball to Bolon in an attempt to get MHH in foul trouble early if Hayes starts. If I were Siddle i'd be tempted to start EVH and let him be the primary defender on Bolon, saving MHH for later in the game. If we lose Hayes to the bench in the first half due to foul trouble, we could get into a hole we can't get out of.

This just seems like it will be another classic game between the Hawks and Cougars. I have no idea why, but I think the Hawks' pull this one out. Siddle and Co. come up with a game plan to get Shy on track, we keep attacking the paint, hitting the boards and defending the three. I also think we're more willing to go up tempo and try to get on the break more this time around.

Hawks 77
Cougs 71
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2023 07:57 PM by 82hawk.)
02-06-2023 07:56 PM
Proff Offline
1st String

chucktown II
We are 9.5 point dogs withe the over/under at 141.5.

02-07-2023 06:05 PM
Advertisement

70shawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Brandon University
(02-07-2023 06:05 PM)Proff Wrote:  We are 9.5 point dogs withe the over/under at 141.5.

I think that's right, given the metrics that oddsmakers use, and that its their home court.

I think the Seahawks can definitely win this, but we are going to have to go take it.
02-07-2023 08:19 PM
70shawk Offline
All American

Holy cow. I was following teh score online and it was back and forth with about 7 minutes to go in the first half. I come home . turn on the game and we are down by 19 at the half! What happened?
02-08-2023 08:10 PM
Advertisement

70shawk Offline
All American

Ugly, ugly, ugly.
02-08-2023 08:35 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

chucktown II
Flat out embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-08-2023 10:42 PM
Advertisement

EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
You lost 93-61, and was with Charleston's leading scorer for the season, Dalton Bolon, scoring 3. Jamarii Thomas led you with 9 points. Charleston had more rebounds 42 to 23. Charleston used 15 players, and you used 14.
02-08-2023 10:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

Complete beat down. Out rebounded by 19 pretty much tells it all.

We have to play together and tougher.
02-09-2023 08:12 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

The best CAA team we have beaten this year is A&T.

We really need to beat both Towson and Drexel
02-09-2023 10:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.