emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: Thanksgiving Game Week Men's Basketball
(12-02-2022 10:20 AM)emussuperfan Wrote:  
(12-02-2022 09:52 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(12-02-2022 09:25 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(12-01-2022 06:12 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(12-01-2022 05:51 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  Emoni is NOT a center. Discussion of putting him there just because he is tall is rubbish. You can solve one problem by creating another problem.

And the EMU insurance carriers may cancel Emoni's health and life insurance if he plays center. 03-lmfao

That was funny Steve!

Yeah, if Emoni played center against UofM, Hunter might have broken one of his arms in the first half, and the other in the second half. 04-chairshot

Emoni would give away 75+ lbs to Hunter. Too much!!!

So you're saying hunter is slower, a lot slower. Emoni is faster and quicker.07-coffee3

Emoni wins a foot race, but we aren't talking indoor T&F.

In MBB, esp. a half court game, Hunter would treat Emoni like a rag doll, just toss him around and send him up to the cheap, Super seats.
12-02-2022 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
(12-02-2022 10:23 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(12-01-2022 06:12 PM)emu steve Wrote:  And the EMU insurance carriers may cancel Emoni's health and life insurance if he plays center. 03-lmfao

That was funny Steve!

Yeah, if Emoni played center against UofM, Hunter might have broken one of his arms in the first half, and the other in the second half. 04-chairshot

So you're saying hunter is slower, a lot slower. Emoni is faster and quicker.07-coffee3

In MBB, esp. a half court game, Hunter would treat Emoni like a rag doll, just toss him around and send him up to the cheap, Super seats.
Emoni will be living at the free throw line is what you're saying. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2022 05:18 PM by emussuperfan.)
12-02-2022 05:17 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(12-02-2022 05:17 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  
(12-02-2022 09:25 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  That was funny Steve!

Hate to go off topic, but what type of coffee do you drink? 03-lmfao
12-02-2022 05:36 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(12-02-2022 07:51 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  
(12-01-2022 05:51 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  Emoni is NOT a center. Discussion of putting him there just because he is tall is rubbish. You can solve one problem by creating another problem.
Good lord. Emoni at center is one of the most ridiculous suggestions I have seen in quite some time. It points to a serious lack of basketball understanding, I think we just need to put that idea to bed and quickly move on.

I am totally siding with Super on this one. The idea is for Emoni to play center defensively. He has height, leaping ability, and enough quickness to time a block on a shot when the player is coming towards his position. Why is it such a bad idea? Not trying to argue with anyone, just curious why this is so shocking?

Super, I am going to borrow the coffee in support of your idea! 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2022 11:35 PM by RamyEMU.)
12-02-2022 11:33 PM
truEMU07 Offline
Special Teams

(12-02-2022 11:33 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  
Good lord. Emoni at center is one of the most ridiculous suggestions I have seen in quite some time. It points to a serious lack of basketball understanding, I think we just need to put that idea to bed and quickly move on.

I am totally siding with Super on this one. The idea is for Emoni to play center defensively. He has height, leaping ability, and enough quickness to time a block on a shot when the player is coming towards his position. Why is it such a bad idea? Not trying to argue with anyone, just curious why this is so shocking?

I think in spurts you can play him as a center, but the biggest disadvantage have nothing to do with height or quickness - - he's not strong enough and he's not even 200 lbs. It'd be asking a lot from Emoni to have him trying to defend a big that will back him down and go to work. And his offensive efficiency is bound to drop if he's got to put in extra work defensively guarding a team's big.

Now, I still think there are variations of the lineup that would work well offensively while giving up any advantages that playing Geeter/Randle/Gholson down low defensively might provide. I just don't think you can play it for very long stretches of time. Sort of like how the Warriors go to their "small ball" lineup with Draymond. A change-of-pace type move as opposed to the regular.
12-03-2022 12:09 AM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(12-02-2022 05:36 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(12-02-2022 05:17 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  
(12-02-2022 09:52 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Yeah, if Emoni played center against UofM, Hunter might have broken one of his arms in the first half, and the other in the second half. 04-chairshot

Hate to go off topic, but what type of coffee do you drink? 03-lmfao
I drink the manly drink, tea. 07-coffee3
12-03-2022 04:42 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(12-01-2022 06:12 PM)emu steve Wrote:  And the EMU insurance carriers may cancel Emoni's health and life insurance if he plays center. 03-lmfao

That was funny Steve!

Which is free throws. 07-coffee3
12-03-2022 04:43 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(12-03-2022 12:09 AM)truEMU07 Wrote:  
(12-02-2022 11:33 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  

I think in spurts you can play him as a center, but the biggest disadvantage have nothing to do with height or quickness - - he's not strong enough and he's not even 200 lbs. It'd be asking a lot from Emoni to have him trying to defend a big that will back him down and go to work. And his offensive efficiency is bound to drop if he's got to put in extra work defensively guarding a team's big.

Now, I still think there are variations of the lineup that would work well offensively while giving up any advantages that playing Geeter/Randle/Gholson down low defensively might provide. I just don't think you can play it for very long stretches of time. Sort of like how the Warriors go to their "small ball" lineup with Draymond. A change-of-pace type move as opposed to the regular.

That is my point, even if his man wants to back him down that is a long process and you can scheme a double team with the forwards (reallize thus might cause other problems too). But what Emoni brings is quickness and length to contest/divert/slow down the quick penetration Drives that no one seems to be stopping. Maybe this causes other problems, but seems the best solution. But I really don’t know what I am talking about.
12-03-2022 08:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.